Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. Lightening will be monitored via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 10-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 10-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, activity will be suspended when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. Quick directions will be appointed to staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once a race has been suspended, a wait time of at least 30 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 30-minute count, resetting of the clock will occur and another 30-minute count should begin.
6. Parents you will be directed to your cars.
7. When the all clear is given, a sound from the air horn will signal the all clear to the spectators.
Tag(s): Cheyenne Mountain Elem Skyway ES Broadmoor ES Gold Camp ES Taylor ES Foothills ES Steele ES Rockrimmon ES Trailblazer ES Woodmen Roberts ES CSCA CSCS Imagine Classical Academy RMCA Meridian Ranch Springs Studio Woodmen Hills ES James Irwin Elem Manitou Springs ES Mountain Song Oak Creek ES Vanguard Bear Creek ES Lewis Palmer ES Prairie Winds ES Monument Academy Kilmer ES St. Peter's Academy Int'l Frontier ES Pikes Peak CS Prairie Hills ES Academy Endeavor ES Banning Lewis Ranch Mountain View ES Ranch Creek ES James Irwin Charter Academy Odyssey ES Remmington ES Springs Ranch ES Discovery Canyon Talbott Steam TCA Central TCA East TCA North Eagleside ES French ES King ES Mountainside ES Webster ES Columbine ES CSCS Woodland Park Gateway ES Lake George ES Summit ES Ute Pass ES Wilson ES Sunrise ES