CHANGES for Landsharks to ENSURE we are keeping campers, coaches and families safe during Covid 19
● Each camp will be broken into several smaller camps from drop off to pick up in order to keep group sizes as small as possible. Each age group will have a separate and specified drop-off/pick-up area. This area will be relayed to you via email before camp begins. There will be NO switching groups or coaches for campers. Each camper will remain with the same kids and the same coaches throughout camp.
● We must keep all lunch boxes/snacks, and water bottles/hydration packs completely separated throughout the day. Each child will carry their backpack with them from station to station. We are asking families to pack their campers(s), snacks, and water within a personal backpack and snacks and water bottle should be easy for the camper to open by themselves. Each camper is required to have their own backpack, please no “family share” backpacks.
● Campers aged 6 and older will be asked to have a mask on hand. Because of the nature of the camp, athletic camp, masks will not be worn while participating in activities. Masks may pose a safety threat due to glasses fogging and heavy breathing. Those masks will be put on any camper displaying symptoms as part of our safety protocol. Masks will be requested for all parents dropping off campers while signing in. All staff will wear appropriate protective wear.
● No track meet on final day as in previous years.
DROP OFF: Parent/Coach/Kid(s) Process will have to operate differently in response to COVID-19. We understand that there will be less campers but we still need to be sure that safety measures are being taken during this step to ensure proper distancing and safety. We will expand the window of drop off and pick up by 10 minutes in order to allow parents and kids time to handle these few extra steps. Drop off begins ten minutes before your camp officially starts and runs until approximately 10 minutes after your camp officially ends. Families will be only allowed to do one-kid/family drop off at a time. If you have several ages campers, you will need to wait for your go-ahead for drop off from each camper’s coach. PLEASE continue to read for specific drop-off information.
● The predetermined specific drop off location will be sent to you as a Google Map location. You also have the contact information for your camper(s) coach(es) should you need help finding your place. Please contact the coach BEFORE you arrive at the destination with questions as your coach will be busy checking other campers in.
● When arriving, parents should remain in their car and text their coaches that they have arrived. Your coach will text you back when your time for drop-off has come up. Please follow the designated signs to your coach.
● We ask that your child and yourself please respect the 6 ft social distancing guidelines at this time as well. You will see designated spots for all to stand and a designated spot for your child to sit and wait for camp to begin. We ask that only 1 parent/guardian and no siblings come to drop off. At drop off will be the daily health form to fill out as well as the temperature check for the camper. Anything over 100 degres will be considered a fever and we ask that you take your camper home and not participate that day.
Pick Up: The pick up window will be extended by 10 minutes in order to allow parents and kids time to handle these few extra steps.
● Parents should remain in their car and text their respective coaches that they are there for pick up.
● Sign out will be done identically to sign in. You will receive a responding text from your coach that you are able to come from the car and pick up your camper. Parents are strongly encouraged to wear masks during the drop-off process; This is a recommended measure as guided by our local health authorities *note- Coaches will also be wearing a mask
Procedures for Landsharks to ENSURE we are keeping campers, coaches and families safe during Covid 19
Staff will be screened for symptoms and close-contact exposures upon arrival to ensure they are symptom-free before they are cleared to work. (Additional Guidance (https://covid19.colorado.gov/symptom-screening). We will use the CDPHE Symptom Tracker (https://covid19.colorado.gov/covid19symptoms). Landsharks will send home staff with symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or other communicable illnesses and testing will be recommended. Staff will be sent home to adhere to isolation (https://covid19.colorado.gov/how-to-isolate) and exclusion requirements. Upon any sign of symptoms, staff will immediately be isolated and moved from camp). Landsharks will provide frequent communication with all families of enrolled campers related to the occurrences of COVID-19 at the camp, the camp’s responses, and all issues in the public health order. If any staff is at a higher risk for COVID-19, we will consider job duties that don’t involve interaction with others. Staff, to the extent possible, will remain with the same group of campers and maintain physical distancing of at least 6 feet whenever possible. Hand sanitizing upon arrival, before eating, and at regular intervals throughout the day will occur. Personal protection equipment will be worn when possible by staff. Staff will sanitize equipment after each station to strive for a disinfected area.
Campers will be screened daily for symptoms and close-contact exposures at drop off, pick up, to ensure they are symptom-free before they are deemed able to attend.
Campers with symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or other communicable illnesses will be sent home immediately with a recommendation to get tested immediately (Testing for COVID-19 (https://covid19.colorado.gov/covid-19-in-colorado/about-covid-19/testing-for-covid-19)) and adhere to isolation and exclusion requirements (https://covid19.colorado.gov/how-to-isolate). Landsharks will provide frequent communication with all families of enrolled campers related to the occurrences of COVID-19 at the camp, the camp’s responses, and all issues in the public health order.
Campers will be educated about COVID-19 and the related protocols. Campers are asked to self-report symptoms to staff and our health care worker.
Campers will be kept to groups under 10 to the extent possible, these groups will be stable and no sharing of coaches will occur. Physical distancing of at least 6 feet will occur during eating and recreation.
Campers will not share equipment within their group. Each child will be assigned and use their own gear. Equipment will be sanitized between group use. Hand sanitizing upon arrival, before eating, and at regular intervals throughout the day will occur.
Masks requested for isolation of a sick camper. If a camper is symptomatic at camp, he/she will be isolated immediately by our healthcare provider on staff.
Guardian/parent will be called immediately and child will be sent home with guidelines on how to be tested as well as follow up care. (https://covid19.colorado.gov/covid-19-in-colorado/about-covid-19/testing-for-covid-19) ((https://covid19.colorado.gov/how-to-isolate).
For more information visit El Paso County Health https://www.elpasocountyhealth.org/covid19data-dashboard