Protocols and procedures to keep Runners, Leaders and Families
safe during COVID-19: UPDATED APRIL 21, 2021
● Each club/team will be broken into small groups (less than 25) to comply with the current COVID restrictions. Runners will remain with the same kids and the same leader/coach for the season.
●Backpacks/snacks, and water bottles/hydration packs must be completely separated from others. Each runner should carry his/her own backpack with them to include a snack and water bottle that the runner is able to open independently.
● Runners, at practice will follow their school's masking policy. For questions on your school specific masking policy on school grounds please refer to your coach or call us at 719-623-5314. Runners, at the meets will not be required to mask up while physically running/racing, however, runners will be asked to mask up during instruction/staging.
● If your runner(s) is feeling sick or has been asked to quarantine, PLEASE stay home.
● Coaches/Club Leaders will self screen for symptoms and close-contact exposures before attending each practice. As with runners, coaches/club leaders will stay home if they feel sick or have been asked to quarantine. If necessary, families will be contacted should practice have to be cancelled and/or rescheduled. Please note: this will be based on a case by case basis during the season.
● Landsharks coaches will send home any staff member or runner exhibiting symptoms consistent with COVID-19, or other communicable illnesses, and testing will be recommended. Appropriate isolation and exclusions requirements will be implemented immediately for any coach/club leader or runner. Should exposure occur, Landsharks will provide frequent communication with all families of enrolled runners impacted by COVID-19 at the school program/running club, the club’s responses, and all issues in accordance to the public health order.
● Landsharks Coaches/Leaders, will do their best to remain with the same group of runners and maintain physical distancing of at least 6 feet, whenever possible.
● If a runner is symptomatic at club, he/she will be isolated immediately. Guardian/parent will be called immediately and child will be sent home with guidelines on how to be tested, as well as follow up care.
**Please note: Additional COVID-19 protocols and procedures may be required and may vary from each participating school program.
For additional guidance on COVID 19, please refer to the websites below:
COVID 19 Symptom Screening: https://covid19.colorado.gov/symptom-screening
COVID 19 Symptoms: https://covid19.colorado.gov/covid19symptoms
COVID 19 Isolation: https://covid19.colorado.gov/how-to-isolate
COVID 19 Testing: https://covid19.colorado.gov/covid-19-in-colorado/about-covid-19/testing-for-covid-19