Protocols and procedures to keep Runners, Leaders and Families
safe during COVID-19: UPDATED APRIL 21, 2021
● Each club/team will be broken into small groups (less than 25). Runners will remain with the same kids and the same leader/coach for the season.
●Backpacks/snacks, and water bottles/hydration packs must be completely separated from others. Each runner should carry his/her own backpack with them to include a snack and water bottle that the runner is able to open independently.
● If your runner(s) is feeling sick or has been asked to quarantine, PLEASE stay home.
● Coaches/Club Leaders will self screen for symptoms and close-contact exposures before attending each practice. As with runners, coaches/club leaders will stay home if they feel sick or have been asked to quarantine. If necessary, families will be contacted should practice have to be cancelled and/or rescheduled. Please note: this will be based on a case by case basis during the season.
● Landsharks coaches will send home any staff member or runner exhibiting symptoms consistent with COVID-19, or other communicable illnesses, and testing will be recommended. Appropriate isolation and exclusions requirements will be implemented immediately for any coach/club leader or runner. Should exposure occur, Landsharks will provide frequent communication with all families of enrolled runners impacted by COVID-19 at the school program/running club, the club’s responses, and all issues in accordance to the public health order.
● Landsharks Coaches/Leaders, will do their best to remain with the same group of runners and maintain physical distancing of at least 6 feet, whenever possible.
● If a runner is symptomatic at club, he/she will be isolated immediately. Guardian/parent will be called immediately and child will be sent home with guidelines on how to be tested, as well as follow up care.
For additional guidance on COVID 19, please refer to the websites below:
COVID 19 Symptom Screening: https://covid19.colorado.gov/symptom-screening
COVID 19 Symptoms: https://covid19.colorado.gov/covid19symptoms
COVID 19 Isolation: https://covid19.colorado.gov/how-to-isolate
COVID 19 Testing: https://covid19.colorado.gov/covid-19-in-colorado/about-covid-19/testing-for-covid-19