The Registration "Broadmoor ES " is not currently available.
**Because of the GREAT success of the Broadmoor program, we are always looking for additional assistant coaches or volunteers. No experience necessary as Coach Tiffany and Landsharks will train you. If interested, please contact Coach Tiffany at Tiffanydyar@yahoo.com
We could use as many volunteers with K-2 as we can get!
Landsharks parents can use the SportsEngine mobile application to receive text updates, view the schedule and locations of events. The SportsEngine app can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Once installed, the easiest way to find Broadmoor is to search for Team ID: 1866273
Your first practice will be on April 2nd, 2020
Thursday's from April 2nd- May 7th, 2020
We will have one additional practice on Tuesday April 14, 2020
Celebration Practice will be on May 7th, 2020
We will practice on the Broadmoor Elementary back field
Meets will be at Harrison High School on Sunday 1PM
RUNNERS SHOULD ARRIVE BY 12:30 P.M.
Our schedule of events
12:30 Runners and Coaches Arrive
12:35 Coaches Meeting
12:40 Parent Volunteers meet the Site Director on the infield for course assignments
12:55 Star Spangled Banner
1:00 Races Begin
Race #1: All Runner’s will race the 50m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 800m run.
Race #2: All Runner’s will race the 100m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 800m run.
Race #3: All Runner’s will race the 200m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 1600m run.
****Event order may vary based on location****
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.