Coach Carolye Asfahl
719 351 7471
Coach Greg Tumbush
719 321 3600
Coach Adam Robinson
570 452 5416
Landsharks parents can use the SportsEngine mobile app to receive text updates, view the schedule and locations of events. Download the SportsEngine app from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Once installed, the easiest way to find ROCKRIMMON is to search for Team ID: 1867119
Where: Trailblazer Elementary
When: Sunday, 2:30pm
Kids come in red shirt (Landshark t-shirt or any red shirt) and meet on the field for pinning at 2:30pm.
Parents come with your cheering and school spirit!
Adults - please join us on foot or on bikes to follow and encourage the kids on the neighborhood run. (see map below) The kids enjoy this run and benefit from multiple helpers encouraging them along!
Thursday, 9/19 practice @ 8am
We look forward to having you! Thank you!
Our first practice will be September 5, 2019
A parent meeting will take place before the first practice on September 5, 2019 at 7;45am
Tuesdays and Thursdays
Meeting place for parent meeting and ALL practices: playground/basketball courts behind the school
Practices begin at 8:00am
Meets will be held at Trailblazer Elementary on Sunday at 3pm on
RUNNERS SHOULD ARRIVE BY 2:30 P.M.
Our schedule of events
2:30 Runners and Coaches Arrive
2:35 Coaches Meeting
2:40 Parent Volunteers meet the Site Director on the infield for course assignments
2:55 Star Spangled Banner
3:00 Races Begin
1/2 mile K & 1st grade
1mile 2nd-6th grade
1.5mile 2nd-6th grade
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
Thanks for your support and cheering for all our runners!
Parent Guidelines: In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidleines for our races. These guidelines are in plce to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.
1. Please park in the designated area.
2. Upon arrival, please locate your runner(s) school coach to receive their race bib and then parents must proceed to designated spectator viewing area. The only adults allowed on the infield are coaches and/or volunteers with a Landsharks' T-shirt.
3. Exchange runners should check-in with the Site Director, who is in the Tie-dye or Bright yellow T-shirt. Your runner will receive their bib at that time. All runners are required to have a bib prior to racing. Bibs should be pinned on the back of the runner's shirt for ease of removal in the finish chute.
4. See Race Schedule Above
5. No parents or non-competing runners are allowed on the in field with the runners. Please remain on the hill in the parent viewing area for the safety of the kids and the efficiency of race day schedule.
6. Following your runner's race your child will find you in the designated parent viewing area. You are free to stay and watch the remainder of the races or depart if so desired.
7. Have fun and cheer for all runners because, "Finishing is Winning!"