CSCA Head Coach
Tuesdays & Thursdays 3:30-4:30pm
Teachers will have a roster list and will excuse students to Landsharks check in. Students must check in prior to changing into track clothes to ensure the appropriate restroom areas are being utilized. Please direct students to meet on the main level of the school by the East exit (kindergarten hallway); practice will be held outside in the courtyard behind the elementary school building. At the end of practice, coaches will bring runners to the front of the school building for snack and dismissal to families.
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.