Landsharks parents can use the SportsEngine mobile application to receive text updates, view the schedule and locations of events. The SportsEngine app can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Once installed, search for Colorado Spring Christian School.
April 12, 2022
Runners will be excused from class a couple minutes early by their teachers to meet the coaches on the playground picnic tables for roll-call. The teachers will have my team roster and they will know who is on the team and send them in the right direction.
After Practice Pick Up Information
Practice will mostly be held up at the soccer/football practice field - so we will walk up there as a team along the sidewalks. If the field is too busy with other sports, we'll practice on the playground field. Either way - we will meet parents for pick up at the elementary school doors by 4:15pm.
Meets will be at Coronado High School on Sunday afternoons at
2:00 pm on:
1:30 pm - Runners and Coaches Arrive
1:40 pm - Coaches Meeting
1:45 pm - Parent Volunteers meet the Site Director on the infield for course assignments
1:55 pm - Star Spangled Banner
2:00 pm - Races Begin
Meet #1: 50m dash followed by 400m OR 800m
Meet #2: 100m dash followed by 400m OR 800m
Meet #3: 400m OR 1600m followed by 200m dash
***Heat order will be run at discretion of the Site Director***
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.
CSCS LIONS ROAR!!!