The Registration "Oak Creek Elementary " is not currently available.
Our shirt color is teal
Landsharks parents can use the SportsEngine mobile application to receive text updates, view the schedule and locations of events. The SportsEngine app can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Once installed, the easiest way to find Oak Creek is to search for Team ID: 1867157
March 31, 2020
Tuesday/Thursday on the Oak Creek gym and field
Dress for Success: Runners need to dress according to the weather. If it is raining or the wind chill is under 30 degrees we will be practicing in the gym. We encourage them to change out of their school attire into running clothes. Clothing guidelines:
55 degrees and warmer - Running shoes, t-shirt, shorts, and optional running hat.
45-54 degrees - Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, shorts or sweat pants.
44 degrees and cooler - Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, sweat pants, running hat/head band and gloves. If it is windy, dress one cooler level down.
Running shoes: We will train on the areas around the school. The races are held at local parks and other facilities with large grass fields and dirt trails. We encourage you to purchase running shoes for your runners. Please check your child’s current running shoes for wear. Expect to pay at least $50 for a good shoe that will last for the fall and spring series if worn just for running. Buy them a little large, not tight. Colorado Running Company is sponsoring our program and providing a 15% discount for Landshark runners.
Parents, we need you! Please consider volunteering for our coaching staff or support crew. No experience is required, just lots of encouragement. With numerous runners expected to participate, every volunteer makes a difference in our program. We will need volunteers at the races, too. Thanks for letting us have the privilege of serving your child.
Meets will be at Harrison High School on Sunday 1PM
RUNNERS SHOULD ARRIVE BY 12:30 P.M.
Our schedule of events
12:30 Runners and Coaches Arrive
12:35 Coaches Meeting
12:40 Parent Volunteers meet the Site Director on the infield for course assignments
12:55 Star Spangled Banner
1:00 Races Begin
Race #1: All Runner’s will race the 50m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 800m run.
Race #2: All Runner’s will race the 100m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 800m run.
Race #3: All Runner’s will race the 200m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 1600m run.
****Event order may vary based on location****
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.