Additional help is needed this season!
Landsharks volunteer time counts towards your BFA Volunteer Hours!!
Please contact Coach Alyson if interested or need additional information.
Runners should wear proper running shoes for practices and meets. Runner's Roost in Lone Tree is our sponsor store and provides a 15% discount to Landsharks runners and families.
Landsharks parents can use the SportsEngine mobile application to receive text updates, view the schedule and locations of events. The SportsEngine app can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Once installed, search for Ben Franklin Academy.
1st practice date: Wednesday, September 7th
Practice times: 4:00-4:45 pm
Practice days: Mondays and Wednesdays
Meeting place: Redstone Park
Please drop off and pick up runners in the dirt parking lot behind Shea Stadium.
(Off Commerce Center Drive)
Meets will be at Mountain Ridge Middle School
at 3:00 pm
on the following Sunday afternoons:
Our schedule of events:
Runners and Coaches Arrive
Parent Volunteers meet the Site Director for course assignments
Star Spangled Banner
Kindergarten - 2nd grade: 1/2 mile
2nd-6th grade: 1 mile OR 1.5 mile
***Heat order will be run at discretion of the Site Director***
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.