The Registration "Redstone Elementary" is not currently available.
Landsharks parents can use the SportsEngine mobile application to receive text updates, view the schedule and locations of events. The SportsEngine app can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Once installed, the easiest way to find Redstone is to search for Team ID: 1867186.
August 5th: Registration /Financial Aid Opens
August 31st: Financial Aid Closes
September 13th: $10 Late Registration fee applies
September 13th at Noon: $5 Shirt Shipping Fee applies
Tuesday, September 3rd
Tuesdays and Thursdays
No Thursday practices during meet weeks
3:30 - 4:15 pm
Redstone Elementary Run Club
Practices: We meet Tuesdays and Thursdays after school at 3:30 pm until 4:15 pm. No Thursday practice on race nights.
Runners will assemble at the basketball courts behind the school. At practice we will warm-up, run with our ability groups, play a game, cool down, and be released to the same assembly area. Please pick-up your runner at 4:15 pm. All runners must have a water bottle, labeled with his/her name on it to every practice!
Practices are cancelled if the wind chill is under 30 degrees, and/or if it is physically snowing or raining. Coach Keri will email you no later than 2:30 if practice is cancelled. *You will need to contact the school to make other arrangements for your runner.*
Dress for Success: Runners need to dress according to the weather. We encourage them to change out of their school attire into running clothes before practice begins.
55 degrees and warmer - Running shoes, t-shirt, shorts, and optional running hat.
45-54 degrees - Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, shorts or sweat pants.
44 degrees and cooler - Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, sweat pants, running hat/head band and gloves. If it is windy, dress one cooler level down.
Running shoes: We will train on the areas around the school. We encourage you to purchase running shoes for your runner(s). Please check your child’s current running shoes for wear. Expect to pay at least $50 for a good shoe that will last for the fall and spring series if worn just for running. Buy them a little large, not tight. We have two running stores sponsoring our program and providing a discount for Landshark runners: Colorado Running Company in Colorado Springs and the Runner’s Roost in Lone Tree.
Meets are tentatively scheduled at 5:45 pm at Cresthill MS on:
Tuesday, April 21st
Tuesday, April 28th
Tuesday, May 5th
Backup dates will be requested for Thursdays of the same week.
RUNNERS SHOULD ARRIVE BY 5:15 P.M.
Our schedule of events
5:15 Runners and Coaches Arrive-
5:20 Coaches Meeting
5:25 Parent Volunteers meet the Site Director on the infield for course assignments
5:40 Star Spangled Banner
5:45 Races Begin
Race #1: All Runner’s will race the 50m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 800m run.
Race #2: All Runner’s will race the 100m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 800m run.
Race #3: All Runner’s will race the 200m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 1600m run.
****Event order may vary based on location****
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
Thanks for your support and cheering for all our runners!
Parent Guidelines: In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.
1. Please park in designated areas only.
2. Upon arrival, please locate your runner(s) school coach to receive race bib and then parents must proceed to designated spectator viewing area. The only adults allowed on in the infield are coaches and/or volunteers with a Landsharks' T-shirt.
3. Exchange runners should check-in with the Site Director, who is in the Tie-dye or Bright yellow T-shirt. Your runner will receive their bib at that time. All runners are required to have a bib prior to racing. Bibs should be pinned on the back of the runners' shirt for ease of removal in the finish chute.
4. Each race night all runners can run two races. A sprint followed by a mid-distance race.
5. No parents or non-competing runners are allowed on the track with the runners.
6. Following your runner's race, your child will find you in the designated parent viewing area. You are free to stay and watch the remainder of the races or depart if so desired.
7. Have fun and cheer for all runners because, “Finishing is Winning!”