Landsharks parents can use the SportsEngine mobile application to receive text updates, view the schedule and locations of events. The SportsEngine app can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Once installed, search for Redstone Elementary.
February 23rd: Registration /Financial Aid Opens
March 4th: Financial Aid Closes
April 4th: $10 Late Registration fee applies
April 8th: $5 Shirt Shipping Fee applies
Tuesday, March 31st
Tuesdays and Thursdays
No Tuesday practices during meet weeks
3:30 - 4:15 pm
Redstone Elementary Run Club
Practices: We meet Tuesdays and Thursdays after school at 3:30 pm until 4:15 pm. No Tuesday practice on race nights.
Runners will assemble at the basketball courts behind the school. At practice we will warm-up, run with our ability groups, play a game, cool down, and be released to the same assembly area. Please pick-up your runner at 4:15 pm. All runners must have a water bottle, labeled with his/her name on it to every practice!
Practices are cancelled if the wind chill is under 30 degrees, and/or if it is physically snowing or raining. Coach Keri will email you no later than 2:30 if practice is cancelled. *You will need to contact the school to make other arrangements for your runner.*
Dress for Success: Runners need to dress according to the weather. We encourage them to change out of their school attire into running clothes before practice begins.
55 degrees and warmer - Running shoes, t-shirt, shorts, and optional running hat.
45-54 degrees - Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, shorts or sweat pants.
44 degrees and cooler - Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, sweat pants, running hat/head band and gloves. If it is windy, dress one cooler level down.
Running shoes: We will train on the areas around the school. We encourage you to purchase running shoes for your runner(s). Please check your child’s current running shoes for wear. Expect to pay at least $50 for a good shoe that will last for the fall and spring series if worn just for running. Buy them a little large, not tight. We have two running stores sponsoring our program and providing a discount for Landshark runners: Colorado Running Company in Colorado Springs and the Runner’s Roost in Lone Tree.
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.