*Parents will be notified by text or email if there is a cancelled or delayed meet or practice.
*If you are interested in helping out at practices or races let us know. Any help is appreciated.
February 24, 2019 Registration Opens/Financial Assistance Opens
March 24, 2019 Financial Aid Closes
April 1, 2019 Parent Meeting
April 8, 2019 First Practice
Meet at the ball field
April 24, 2019 $10 late fee begins
April 29, 2019 Meet 1
May 6, 2019 Meet 2
May 13, 2019 Meet 3
May 15, 2019 Last Practice
*All meets 6:00 pm at Rock Canyon High School
Where: Coaches Home (Brenna & Tom)
9725 Castle Ridge Cir
When: April 1, 2019, 6pm - 7 pm
Contact Coach Tom or Coach Brenna with questions.
Where: Trailblazer near Baseball Field - meet there at 3:30
When: Mon & Wed - 3:45-4:30
Wed only after meets start
Practice Dates: (4/8, 4/10, 4/15, 4/17, 4/22, 4/24, 5/1, 5/8 and 5/15)
Last Practice Celebration on 5/15 at 3:30
Ensure runners come to school dressed for practice.
Pick your child up promptly at 4:30 pm.
Notify the coaches if your child is going home on their own or if someone other than a parent is picking them up.
Meets will be held at Rock Canyon High School
5810 McArthur Ranch Road,
Lone Tree, CO 80124
Monday, April 29th
Monday, May 6th
Monday, May 13th
Races begin at 6:00 pm. Please arrive by 5:30 pm
Race #1: All Runner’s will race the 50m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 800m run.
Race #2: All Runner’s will race the 100m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 800m run.
Race #3: All Runner’s will race the 200m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 1600m run.
Runners need to dress according to the weather. We encourage them to change out of their school attire into running clothes before practice begins.
55 degrees and warmer - Running shoes, t-shirt, shorts, and optional running hat.
45-54 degrees - Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, shorts or sweat pants.
44 degrees and cooler - Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, sweat pants, running hat/head band and gloves. If it is windy, dress one cooler level down.
Running shoes: We will train on the areas around the school. We encourage you to purchase running shoes for your runner(s). Please check your child’s current running shoes for wear. Expect to pay at least $50 for a good shoe that will last for the fall and spring series if worn just for running. Buy them a little large, not tight. We have three running stores sponsoring our program and providing a discount for Landshark runners: Colorado Running Company in Colorado Springs and the Runner’s Roost.
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 10-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 10-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 30 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 30-minute count, reset the clock and another 30-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.
Please park in designated areas only.
Landsharks parents can use the SportsEngine mobile application to receive text updates, view the schedule and locations of events. The SportsEngine app can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Once installed, the easiest way to find Trailblazer is to search for Team ID: 1867190.