*Parents will be notified by text or email if there is a cancelled or delayed meet or practice.
*If you are interested in helping out at practices or races let us know. Any help is appreciated.
February 23, 2020 Registration Opens/Registration Reduction Applications Opens
March 4, 2020 Registration Reduction Application Window Closes at 11:59 pm
March 25, 2020 Parent Meeting @ 6 pm
March 30, 2020 First Practice
April 5, 2020 Additional $10 registration fee begins
April 8, 2020 Additional $5.00 shirt shipping fee applies
April 10-11, 2020 T-Shirt Pick Up by Coaches
April 19, 2020 1st Meet
May 4, 2020 Last Practice/Celebration
Landsharks parents can use the SportsEngine mobile application to receive text updates, view the schedule and locations of events. The SportsEngine app can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Once installed, search for Trailblazer Elementary - HR.
LANDSHARKS SPRING TRACK SEASON CANCELLED
Where: Coaches Home (Brenna & Tom)
9725 Castle Ridge Cir
Contact Coach Tom or Coach Brenna with questions.
Where: Trailblazer near Baseball Field - meet there at 3:30
When: Mon & Wed - 3:45-4:30
Practice Dates: 3/30, 4/1, 4/6, 4/8, 4/13, 4/15, 4/22, 4/29 and 5/6
Last Practice Celebration: 5/6
Ensure runners come to school dressed for practice.
Pick your child up promptly at 4:30 pm.
Notify the coaches if your child is going home on their own or if someone other than a parent is picking them up.
Runners need to dress according to the weather. We encourage them to change out of their school attire into running clothes before practice begins.
55 degrees and warmer - Running shoes, t-shirt, shorts, and optional running hat.
45-54 degrees - Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, shorts or sweat pants.
44 degrees and cooler - Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, sweat pants, running hat/head band and gloves. If it is windy, dress one cooler level down.
Running shoes: We will train on the areas around the school. We encourage you to purchase running shoes for your runner(s). Please check your child’s current running shoes for wear. Expect to pay at least $50 for a good shoe that will last for the fall and spring series if worn just for running. Buy them a little large, not tight. We have three running stores sponsoring our program and providing a discount for Landshark runners: Colorado Running Company in Colorado Springs and the Runner’s Roost.
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.