Practices will be Mondays and Thursdays at Wildcat Mountain Elementary. All practices start at 7:45 am, and students will go directly to school after practice. There will be no Monday practice on race weeks. Our first practice will be Monday, April 15th.
Monday, April 15th
Thursday, April 18th
Monday, April 22nd
Thursday, April 25th
Thursday, May 2nd
Thursday, May 9th
Thursday, May 16th — End of Season Celebration
Meets will be held at Rock Canyon High School at 6:00 pm on:
Monday, April 29th
Monday, May 6th
Monday, May 13th
Race #1: All Runner’s will race the 50m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 800m run.
Race #2: All Runner’s will race the 100m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 800m run.
Race #3: All Runner’s will race the 200m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 1600m run.
Practices: We meet before school at 7:45 am until 8:20 am.
Runners will leave their backpacks by the baseball fence and will assemble at home base. At practice, we will warm-up, play games that get the kids running, cool down, and be released to their classes. Please have your child bring a water bottle, labeled with his/her name on it, to every practice!
Practices are cancelled if the wind chill is under 30 degrees, and/or if it is physically snowing or raining.
Dress for Success: Runners need to dress according to the weather.
55 degrees and warmer - Running shoes, t-shirt, shorts, and optional running hat.
45-54 degrees - Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, shorts or sweat pants.
44 degrees and cooler - Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, sweat pants, running hat/head band and gloves. If it is windy, dress one cooler level down.
Running shoes: We will train on the areas around the school. We encourage you to purchase running shoes for your runner(s). Please check your child’s current running shoes for wear. Buy them a little large, not tight. We have several running stores sponsoring our program and providing a discount for Landshark runners: Colorado Running Company and the Runner’s Roost.
Races: Our races will be held on Monday evenings at Cresthill Middle School on April 29, May 6, and May 13. We would like your runners at the race site NLT 5:45 pm. We will be done by approximately 7:30 pm.
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 10-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 10-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 30 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 30-minute count, reset the clock and another 30-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.
Please park in designated areas only.
Landsharks parents can use the SportsEngine mobile application to receive text updates, view the schedule and locations of events. The SportsEngine app can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Once installed, the easiest way to find Wildcat Mountain is to search for Team ID: 1867191.