Landsharks parents can use the SportsEngine mobile application to receive text updates, view the schedule and locations of events. The SportsEngine app can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Once installed, the easiest way to find Wildcat Mountain.
Mondays and Thursdays at Wildcat Mountain Elementary.
There will be no Monday practices during meet weeks.
7:30 am - 8:20 am
Students will go directly to school after practice.
Practices: We meet before school at 7:30 am until 8:20 am.
Runners will leave their backpacks by the baseball fence and will assemble at home base. At practice, we will warm-up, play games that get the kids running, cool down, and be released to their classes. Please have your child bring a water bottle, labeled with his/her name on it, to every practice!
Practices are cancelled if the wind chill is under 30 degrees, and/or if it is physically snowing or raining.
Dress for Success: Runners need to dress according to the weather.
55 degrees and warmer - Running shoes, t-shirt, shorts, and optional running hat.
45-54 degrees - Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, shorts or sweat pants.
44 degrees and cooler - Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, sweat pants, running hat/head band and gloves. If it is windy, dress one cooler level down.
Running shoes: We will train on the areas around the school. We encourage you to purchase running shoes for your runner(s). Please check your child’s current running shoes for wear. Buy them a little large, not tight. We have several running stores sponsoring our program and providing a discount for Landshark runners: Colorado Running Company and the Runner’s Roost.
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.