We encourage our Landsharks parents to use the SportsEngine mobile application to receive text updates, view the schedule and locations of events. The SportsEngine app can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Once installed, search for Wildcat Mountain.
Tuesday, September 6th
Tuesdays and Thursdays
Celebration Practice: 10/4
Practices: We meet before school from 7:30 until 8:15 am.
Runners will leave their backpacks by the baseball fence and will assemble at home plate. We will begin practice with some fun and easy warm-ups, followed by a game or two in order to get the energy flowing. We will break runners into groups for individualized games, skills and drills and then conclude with a cool down before dismissing runners to their classes. Please ensure your child has a labeled water bottle for each practice!
Practices are cancelled if the wind chill is under 30 degrees, and/or if it is physically snowing or raining.
Dress for Success: Runners need to dress according to the weather.
55 degrees and warmer - Running shoes, t-shirt, shorts, and optional running hat.
45-54 degrees - Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, shorts or sweat pants.
44 degrees and cooler - Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, sweat pants, running hat/head band and gloves. If it is windy, dress one cooler level down.
Running shoes: We will train on the areas around the school. We encourage you to purchase quality running shoes for your runner(s). Please check your child’s current running shoes for wear. Buy them a little large, not tight. We have several running stores sponsoring our Landsharks program: Colorado Running Company in Colorado Springs and the Runner’s Roost in Lone Tree offer a discount for registered Landsharks runners and coaches.
Meets will be at Mountain Ridge Middle School
at 3:00 pm
on the following Sunday afternoons:
Our schedule of events:
Runners and Coaches Arrive
Parent Volunteers meet the Site Director for course assignments
Star Spangled Banner
Kindergarten - 2nd grade: 1/2 mile
2nd-6th grade: 1 mile OR 1.5 mile
***Heat order will be run at discretion of the Site Director***
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.