Wednesday, April 14th
April 14, 16, 23, 28 30
May 5, 7 12
Meets will be held at Bear Creek Elementary
at 1:00 p.m.
on the following Sunday afternoons:
8:00 - 8:45 am
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. Assign one staff to monitor weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 10-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. Quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the race has been suspended, wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20 minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with coaches during the coaches meeting and during announcements reiterate the plan to the spectators.
7. Be clear about the evacuation process depending on your site lay out.
8. Remind parents that they will be directed to their cars and that you will text coaches with the all clear to resume racing.
9. When the all clear is given, please then sound your air horn to signal the all clear to the spectators.
Protocols and procedures to keep Runners, Leaders and Families
safe during COVID-19: UPDATED APRIL 21, 2021
● Each club/team will be broken into small groups (less than 25) to comply with the current COVID restrictions. Runners will remain with the same kids and the same leader/coach for the season.
●Backpacks/snacks, and water bottles/hydration packs must be completely separated from others. Each runner should carry his/her own backpack with them to include a snack and water bottle that the runner is able to open independently.
● Runners, at practice will follow their school's masking policy. For questions on your school specific masking policy on school grounds please refer to your coach or call us at 719-623-5314. Runners, at the meets will not be required to mask up while physically running/racing, however, runners will be asked to mask up during instruction/staging.
● If your runner(s) is feeling sick or has been asked to quarantine, PLEASE stay home.
● Coaches/Club Leaders will self screen for symptoms and close-contact exposures before attending each practice. As with runners, coaches/club leaders will stay home if they feel sick or have been asked to quarantine. If necessary, families will be contacted should practice have to be cancelled and/or rescheduled. Please note: this will be based on a case by case basis during the season.
● Landsharks coaches will send home any staff member or runner exhibiting symptoms consistent with COVID-19, or other communicable illnesses, and testing will be recommended. Appropriate isolation and exclusions requirements will be implemented immediately for any coach/club leader or runner. Should exposure occur, Landsharks will provide frequent communication with all families of enrolled runners impacted by COVID-19 at the school program/running club, the club’s responses, and all issues in accordance to the public health order.
● Landsharks Coaches/Leaders, will do their best to remain with the same group of runners and maintain physical distancing of at least 6 feet, whenever possible.
● If a runner is symptomatic at club, he/she will be isolated immediately. Guardian/parent will be called immediately and child will be sent home with guidelines on how to be tested, as well as follow up care.
**Please note: Additional COVID-19 protocols and procedures may be required and may vary from each participating school program.
For additional guidance on COVID 19, please refer to the websites below:
COVID 19 Symptom Screening: https://covid19.colorado.gov/symptom-screening
COVID 19 Symptoms: https://covid19.colorado.gov/covid19symptoms
COVID 19 Isolation: https://covid19.colorado.gov/how-to-isolate
COVID 19 Testing: https://covid19.colorado.gov/covid-19-in-colorado/about-covid-19/testing-for-covid-19