The Registration "Da Vinci Academy" is not currently available.
Hello and welcome to the Landsharks Running Club! My name is Dan Rhodes. Nowadays I only have ONE kiddo at The da Vinci Academy – Davis (4th). This will be his fifth season of Landsharks!
I’m an avid long distance runner myself and am very fortunate to coach Landsharks again this year. This will be my THIRD year as a Landsharks coach and I’m excited to continue to learn and encourage your kids as they run through the season. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, concerns, comments or advice – about the Landsharks program or running in general!
For the second year in row, it's both my honor and privilege to have coaching with me, Mike Hendricks. Mike is as passionate as they come, and he's a great addition to the daVinci Landsharks program - we're lucky to have him!
LANDSHARKS PRACTICES WILL BEGIN MONDAY APRIL 6, 2020.
MONDAY - April 6th, 2020
We will have a PARENTS MEETING April 6, 2020 7:45am followed by quick practice
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Meet at Mary Kyer Park on the basketball court
Meets will be at The Classical Academy (TCA) North High School Track on SUNDAYS at 3pm! This is the same location as it was last year - and an easy trip down the street from daVinci
Again these may change with our spring Colorado weather!
Race #1: All Runner’s will race the 50m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 800m run.
Race #2: All Runner’s will race the 100m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 800m run.
Race #3: All Runner’s will race the 200m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 1600m (THE MILE) run.
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 10-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 10-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 30 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 30-minute count, reset the clock and another 30-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.
Please park in designated areas only.
TdVA Landsharks 2017