Hi everyone!! I’m Jennifer Mercado and I am excited to be the coach for Landsharks Running for Frontier Elementary! I currently have a daughter in 3rd grade at Frontier and my son in 6th at Mountain Ridge, who transitioned from Frontier. I have been running for four years, completed four half marathons, and currently training for a full marathon. As a family, my kids and I often participate in various fun runs and enjoy running together. I truly look forward to this opportunity to coach your kids!!
April 10, 2019
A parent meeting will immediately follow the first practice.
Meet at Frontier Park by the baseball cage on the North side of the park.
Hi all! I am out of town for work the week of April 15th through the 19th resulting in NO practice for this week. I will see you all again on Wednesday the 24th!
Start time: 3 pm (Please arrive at 2:30 pm)
Where: The Classical Academy North High School Track located @ 975 Stout Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80921
Meet #1: April 28th
Meet #2: May 5th
Meet #3: May 12th
Race #1: All Runner’s will race the 50m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 800m run.
Race #2: All Runner’s will race the 100m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 800m run.
Race #3: All Runner’s will race the 200m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 1600m run.
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 10-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 10-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 30 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 30-minute count, reset the clock and another 30-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.
Please park in designated areas only.