Hi everyone!! I’m Jennifer Mercado and I am excited to be the coach for Landsharks Running for Frontier Elementary! I currently have a daughter in 4th grade at Frontier and son in 7th at Mountain Ridge. I have been running for four years, completed six half marathons, and currently training for a full marathon. As a family, my kids and I often participate in various fun runs and enjoy running together. I truly look forward to this opportunity to coach your kids!!
Mondays and Wednesdays
Please meet at the school under the pavilion at the playground
Practices will be at Frontier Park
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.