(HC) Kyle Pearce
(AC) Anna Mowl
meet on the west baseball field at the school
These two young runners always show to practice with a smile. They love running! They work hard and it shows. WAY TO GO LANDSHARKS!!!
Shout out: due to pushing themselves! Normally, the younger runners run the 400m. These two decided to do the 800m. GREAT JOB LANDSHARKS!!!
After racing, it was nice to grab a Kona Ice and cheer on the other runners!!! Note: if you have more images, please add them to our photo section!
Warm Up and Cool Down Activities
Prairie Hills Landsharks ‘Good Sport’
How will I know if I am being a ‘Good Sport’?
What if I do something that is not a ‘Good Sport’ thing to do?
Things to Note:
A good sport can be saying thank you, encouraging teammates, showing respect to others, doing what the coach tells you the first time, volunteering to pick up after practice, etc.
A ‘really bad sport’ AKA ‘bullying’ is not tolerated.
Meets will take place at the Falcon Stadium Parking Lot
Meets will be on Sundays at 1:00 pm on:
RUNNERS SHOULD ARRIVE BY 12:30 P.M.
Our schedule of events
12:30 Runners and Coaches Arrive
12:35 Coaches Meeting
12:40 Parent Volunteers meet the Site Director on the infield for assignments
12:55 Star Spangled Banner
1:00 Races Begin
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
Thanks for your support and cheering for all our runners!
Parent Guidelines: In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidleines for our races. These guidelines are in plce to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.
1. Please park in the designated area.
2. Upon arrival, please locate your runner(s) school coach to receive their race bib and then parents must proceed to designated spectator viewing area. The only adults allowed on the infield are coaches and/or volunteers with a Landsharks' T-shirt.
3. Exchange runners should check-in with the Site Director, who is in the Tie-dye or Bright yellow T-shirt. Your runner will receive their bib at that time. All runners are required to have a bib prior to racing. Bibs should be pinned on the back of the runner's shirt for ease of removal in the finish chute.
4. See Race Schedule
5. No parents or non-competing runners are allowed on the in field with the runners. Please remain on the hill in the parent viewing area for the safety of the kids and the efficiency of race day schedule.
6. Following your runner's race your child will find you in the designated parent viewing area. You are free to stay and watch the remainder of the races or depart if so desired.
7. Have fun and cheer for all runners because, "Finishing is Winning!"