(HC) Kyle Pearce
(AC) Anna Mowl
Meet on the grass baseball field located just West of Prairie Hills Elementary
April 23, 2019 immediately following practice. Meeting will be held at the field.
Meets will be at The Classical Academy North High School Track on Sundays at 3pm
Race #1: All Runner’s will race the 50m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 800m run.
Race #2: All Runner’s will race the 100m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 800m run.
Race #3: All Runner’s will race the 200m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 1600m run.
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. Assign one staff to monitor weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 10-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 10-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. Quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the race has been suspended, wait at least 30 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 30-minute count, reset the clock and another 30-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with coaches during the coaches meeting and during announcements reiterate the plan to the spectators.
7. Be clear about the evacuation process depending on your site lay out.
8. Remind parents that they will be directed to their cars and that you will text coaches with the all clear to resume racing.
9. When the all clear is given, please then sound your air horn to signal the all clear to the spectators.
Warm Up and Cool Down Activities
Prairie Hills Landsharks ‘Good Sport’
How will I know if I am being a ‘Good Sport’?
What if I do something that is not a ‘Good Sport’ thing to do?
Things to Note:
A good sport can be saying thank you, encouraging teammates, showing respect to others, doing what the coach tells you the first time, volunteering to pick up after practice, etc.
A ‘really bad sport’ AKA ‘bullying’ is not tolerated.
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.
Please park in designated areas only.