The Registration "Prairie Hills Elementary" is not currently available.
(HC) Anna Mowl
(AC) Joshua Mowl
(AC) Position Available
Flash Back to the Last Track Season!!!
She may be little but she is mighty!
Get your racers a treat! Kona Ice is at our meets.
Tuesday, March 31st
Tuesday and Thursday 3:30-4:30pm
Meet on the Baseball Field between
PHE and Fairfax Park.
In the case of inclement weather,
we will meet in the gym.
If no school the day of practice, practice is cancelled.
Parent/Coach Meeting April 9th at 4:30pm right after practice. This is where parents will learn about the races and have any questions they may have answered. The Coach(es) look forward to having you there!
Meets will take place at
The Classical Academy North Campus
975 Stout Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80921
Runners should Arrive at 12:30
in Landshark shirt with water bottle.
Please, look for the Gold Shirts!!!
Meets will be on Sundays at 1:00 pm on:
RUNNERS SHOULD ARRIVE BY 12:30 P.M.
12:30 Runners and Coaches Arrive
12:35 Coaches Meeting
12:40 Parent Volunteers meet the Site Director on the infield for assignments
12:55 Star Spangled Banner
1:00 Races Begin
Race #1: All Runner’s will race the 50m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 800m run.
Race #2: All Runner’s will race the 100m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 800m run.
Race #3: All Runner’s will race the 200m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 1600m run.
****EVENT ORDER MAY VARY****
Warm Up and Cool Down Activities
Prairie Hills Landsharks ‘Good Sport’
How will I know if I am being a ‘Good Sport’?
What if I do something that is not a ‘Good Sport’ thing to do?
Things to Note:
A good sport can be saying thank you, encouraging teammates, showing respect to others, doing what the coach tells you the first time, volunteering to pick up after practice, etc.
A ‘really bad sport’ AKA ‘bullying’ is not tolerated.
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.