1-2-3 Prairie Hills Landsharks!!!
Additional Assistant Coach Position is Available
PRO: P is Participate with effort. They are off to a good start for the half mile race!
PRO: R is Respect others. He shows this by remembering Coach talking about pacing!
PRO: O is Offer encouragement. Runners were lined up on the sidelines to encourage the racers!
Warm Up and Cool Down Activities
Prairie Hills Landsharks ‘Good Sport’
How will I know if I am being a ‘Good Sport’?
What if I do something that is not a ‘Good Sport’ thing to do?
Things to Note:
A good sport can be saying thank you, encouraging teammates, showing respect to others, doing what the coach tells you the first time, volunteering to pick up after practice, etc.
A ‘really bad sport’ AKA ‘bullying’ is not tolerated.
Meets will take place at the Air Force Academy Falcon Stadium Parking Lot
Meets will be on the following Sundays afternoons at 1:00 PM
Schedule of events
Runners and Coaches Arrive
Parent Volunteers meet the Site Director for specific course assignments
Star Spangled Banner
Kindergarten - 1st grade - 1/2 mile
2nd - 6th grade - 1 mile OR 1.5 mile
***Heats will be decided by Site Director on meet day***
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.