The Registration "Banning Lewis Ranch Academy" is not currently available.
The first practice will be March 30, 2020
A parent meeting will follow the first practice
Practices take place on the BLRA campus
Practices will take place on Monday's and Wednesdays until meets start, then practices switch to Wednesday and Thursdays
Please send athletic clothing (with layers), a water bottle, and snack with your students on practice days. Students will change into practice gear at the end of the school day. At dismissal, students will go to the picnic tables outside of the cafeteria to enjoy their snack and wait for practice to begin.
Meets take place at Rampart High School
Races will be held on Mondays at 6:00 pm on
RUNNERS SHOULD ARRIVE BY 5:00 P.M.
Our schedule of events
5:00 Runners and Coaches Arrive-
5:05 Coaches Meeting
5:20 Parent Volunteers meet the Site Director on the infield for course assignments
5:25 Star Spangled Banner
5:30 Races Begin
Race #1: All Runner’s will race the 50m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 800m run.
Race #2: All Runner’s will race the 100m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 800m run.
Race #3: All Runner’s will race the 200m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 1600m run.
****Event order may vary based on location****
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.