We apologize for any inconvenience and hope you will join us for the 2022 Spring Track Season!
Registration will open in early February!
Friday's August 20th & 27th
Then on Mondays and Wednesdays
3:45-4:30 pm beginning September 8, 2021
Meet on the South Field
next to the Cafeteria
COACHES NEEDED!!! Please contact Rob Teti if you are interested in coaching a group of runners!
We are back to running "The Loop" at BLRA! We now have a fence that surrounds the South and West side of the school making criss-crossing the campus impossible for the coaches. We are looking for parents who like to watch the kids run to position themselves at a couple of key locations. We could use 4 people to be along Cottonwood Dr at 4 key spots: corner at Silver Birch, corner at Vista Del Pico and the entrance / exit into the school parking lot. These are key safety spots where traffic and kids making turns happen. If you are interested or can do this, please see Rob at our first practice. Thank you!!!
Meets take place at Challenger Middle School and Mountain View Elementary Fields
Races will be held on Mondays at 5:30 pm on
RUNNERS SHOULD ARRIVE BY 5:00 P.M.
Our schedule of events
5:00 Runners and Coaches Arrive-
5:05 Coaches Meeting
5:20 Parent Volunteers meet the Site Director for course assignments
5:25 Star Spangled Banner
5:30 Races Begin
Kindergarten - 1st Grade - 1/2 mile
2nd - 6th Grade - 1 mile OR 1.5 mile
***Heats will be determined by Site Director on race day***
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.