Mondays and Wednesdays
Meet on the South Field
next to the Cafeteria
Currently there is a MAX of
48 runners this season
Monday, April 12th
We are back to running "The Loop" at BLRA! We now have a fence that surrounds the South and West side of the school making criss-crossing the campus impossible for the coaches. We are looking for parents who like to watch the kids run to position themselves at a couple of key locations. We could use 4 people to be along Cottonwood Dr at 4 key spots: corner at Silver Birch, corner at Vista Del Pico and the entrance / exit into the school parking lot. These are key safety spots where traffic and kids making turns happen. If you are interested or can do this, please see Rob at our first practice. Thank you!!!
Meets are requested for
Thomas MacLaren School
on the following Sundays
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
Protocols and procedures to keep Runners, Leaders and Families
safe during COVID-19:
● Each club/team will be broken into small groups (less than 15) to comply with the current COVID restrictions, as well as, Landsharks coach to runner ratio. Runners will remain with the same kids and the same leader/coach for the season.
●Backpacks/snacks, and water bottles/hydration packs must be completely separated from others. Each runner should carry his/her own backpack with them to include a snack and water bottle that the runner is able to open independently.
● Runners 11 and older will need to wear a mask during stretching and instructions. Masks will not be worn while physical activity is occurring. Coaches/Team Leaders will wear a masks when not able to socially distance from their runners.
CHECK IN/OUT PROCESS: Please be mindful to adhere to the socially distance guidelines when checking in/out runner(s) and respectfully ask that masks be worn by those 11 and older. Attendance will be taken at each practice in case contact tracing is required.
● If your runner(s) is feeling sick or has been asked to quarantine, PLEASE stay home.
● Coaches/Club Leaders will self screen for symptoms and close-contact exposures before attending each practice. As with runners, coaches/club leaders will stay home if they feel sick or have been asked to quarantine. If necessary, families will be contacted should practice have to be cancelled and/or rescheduled. Please note: this will be based on a case by case basis during the season.
● Landsharks coaches will send home any staff member or runner exhibiting symptoms consistent with COVID-19, or other communicable illnesses, and testing will be recommended. Appropriate isolation and exclusions requirements will be implemented immediately for any coach/club leader or runner. Should exposure occur, Landsharks will provide frequent communication with all families of enrolled runners impacted by COVID-19 at the school program/running club, the club’s responses, and all issues in accordance to the public health order.
● Landsharks Coaches/Leaders, will do their best to remain with the same group of runners and maintain physical distancing of at least 6 feet, whenever possible. Hand sanitizing upon arrival, before eating, and at regular intervals throughout practice. Proper sanitization of equipment will be implemented.
● If a runner is symptomatic at club, he/she will be isolated immediately. Guardian/parent will be called immediately and child will be sent home with guidelines on how to be tested, as well as follow up care.
Please note: Additional COVID-19 protocols and procedures may be required and may vary from each participating school program.
For additional guidance on COVID 19, please refer to the websites below:
COVID 19 Symptom Screening: https://covid19.colorado.gov/symptom-screening
COVID 19 Symptoms: https://covid19.colorado.gov/covid19symptoms
COVID 19 Isolation: https://covid19.colorado.gov/how-to-isolate
COVID 19 Testing: https://covid19.colorado.gov/covid-19-in-colorado/about-covid-19/testing-for-covid-19