Odyssey Landsharks Run Club
Spring 2019 Track season is right around the corner!
Here are a few dates to keep in mind!
February 24, 2019 - Registration/Financial Aid will open
March 24, 2019 - Financial Aid will close
Tuesday April 9th - First Practice!
Tuesday April 16th - Parent Meeting
Tuesday April 9, 2019
Tuesday & Thursday
7:15am - 8am
Landsharks parents can use the SportsEngine mobile application to receive text updates, view the schedule and locations of events. The SportsEngine app can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Once installed, the easiest way to find YOUR SCHOOL is to search for Team ID: 1869479
Meets will be held at Doherty High School Track on Sunday's at 3pm
Sunday April 28th
Sunday May 5th
Sunday May 12th
Meet #1: All Runner’s will race the 50m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 800m run.
Meet #2: All Runner’s will race the 100m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 800m run.
Meet #3: All Runner’s will race the 200m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 1600m run.
Landsharks is striving to build character in each athlete that we meet. Every practice and race gives coaches the opportunity to BUILD ATHLETES OF CHARACTER!!!
BAofC will be reviewed and applied at every practice and meet to help your athletes set specific goals for both the day and the season!!
Building Athletes of Character Agreement
I will be a good sport
I will use kind words
I will encourage my teammates
I will be prepared for practice
I will listen to instructions
I will be respectful to my coaches, volunteers and teammates
Should I choose to not follow this agreement, I understand...
1st offence I will receive verbal warning from coach
2nd offence I will have to sit out for practice and parents will be notified
3rd offence I may be removed from the Landsharks team
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 10-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 10-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 30 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 30-minute count, reset the clock and another 30-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
Landsharks Parent Guidelines
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.
Cross Country Season