The Registration "Odyssey Elementary" is not currently available.
Odyssey Landsharks Run Club
Landsharks parents can use the SportsEngine mobile application to receive text updates, view the schedule and locations of events. The SportsEngine app can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Once installed, the easiest way to find YOUR SCHOOL is to search for Team ID: 1869479
Registration for the Cross Country season opens on August 5, 2019
Practices begin the week of September 1, 2019
More info COMING SOON!
Landsharks is striving to build character in each athlete that we meet. Every practice and race gives coaches the opportunity to BUILD ATHLETES OF CHARACTER!!!
BAofC will be reviewed and applied at every practice and meet to help your athletes set specific goals for both the day and the season!!
Building Athletes of Character Agreement
I will be a good sport
I will use kind words
I will encourage my teammates
I will be prepared for practice
I will listen to instructions
I will be respectful to my coaches, volunteers and teammates
Should I choose to not follow this agreement, I understand...
1st offence I will receive verbal warning from coach
2nd offence I will have to sit out for practice and parents will be notified
3rd offence I may be removed from the Landsharks team
Races will take place at
DOHERTY HIGH SCHOOL
Races will be held on Sundays at 3:00 pm on
RUNNERS SHOULD ARRIVE BY 2:30 P.M.
Our schedule of events
2:30 Runners and Coaches Arrive-
2:35 Coaches Meeting
2:40 Parent Volunteers meet the Site Director on the infield for course assignments
2:55 Star Spangled Banner
3:00 Races Begin
1/2 mile K & 1st grade
1mile 2nd-6th grade
1.5miles 2nd-6th grade
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 30 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 30-minute count, reset the clock and another 30-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
Thanks for your support and cheering for all our runners!
Parent Guidelines: In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidleines for our races. These guidelines are in plce to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.
1. Please park in the designated area.
2. Upon arrival, please locate your runner(s) school coach to receive their race bib and then parents must proceed to designated spectator viewing area. The only adults allowed on the infield are coaches and/or volunteers with a Landsharks' T-shirt.
3. Exchange runners should check-in with the Site Director, who is in the Tie-dye or Bright yellow T-shirt. Your runner will receive their bib at that time. All runners are required to have a bib prior to racing. Bibs should be pinned on the back of the runner's shirt for ease of removal in the finish chute.
4. See Race Schedule
5. No parents or non-competing runners are allowed on the in field with the runners. Please remain on the hill in the parent viewing area for the safety of the kids and the efficiency of race day schedule.
6. Following your runner's race your child will find you in the designated parent viewing area. You are free to stay and watch the remainder of the races or depart if so desired.
7. Have fun and cheer for all runners because, "Finishing is Winning!"