The First Track Practice is on April 18th at 3:30 p.m.
All students should meet on the field behind the elementary school.
Parents please be sure to pick your kid/s up by 4:15 p.m.
Practices are on Thursdays and Fridays beginning April 18th
April 19th ~ No School, but we have practice!!
May 10th ~ last practice
All Practices begin promptly at 3:30 p.m. and end at 4:15 p.m.
Please be sure your child is dressed for practice. They should wear comfortable clothing and good running shoes.
Please bring a water bottle!
Parents please be prompt when picking up your children from practice.
Spring 2019 Track Schedule
All meets are at TCA North at 1 p.m.
Race #1: All Runner’s will race the 50m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 800m run.
Race #2: All Runner’s will race the 100m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 800m run.
Race #3: All Runner’s will race the 200m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 1600m run.
Please make sure all runners are prepared for practice and meets!
Good running shoes are a must as well as a water bottle.
The weather is unpredictable in the Spring so please make sure the runners are dressed appropriately.
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 10-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 10-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 30 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 30-minute count, reset the clock and another 30-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.
Please park in designated areas only.