Monday's and Wednesday's 2:50-3:45
Meets will be held at
Bear Creek Regional Park on:
****Monday, September 19th at 5:15 PM****
Saturday, September 24th at 1:00 PM
Saturday, October 1st at 1:00 PM
RUNNERS SHOULD ARRIVE BY 12:30 P.M.
Parent Volunteers meet the Site Director for course assignments
Star Spangled Banner
Kindergarten - 2nd Grade: 1/2 mile
2nd - 6th Grade: 1 mile OR 1.5 mile
***Heat order will be run at discretion of the Site Director***
Practices are cancelled if the wind chill is under 30 degrees, and/or if it is physically snowing or raining.
Dress for Success: Runners need to dress according to the weather. We encourage them to change out
of their school attire into running clothes before practice begins.
55 degrees and warmer - Running shoes, t-shirt, shorts, and optional running hat.
45-54 degrees - Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, shorts or sweat pants.
44 degrees and cooler - Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, sweat pants, running hat/head band and gloves. If it is windy, dress one cooler level down.
Running shoes: We will train on the areas around the school. We encourage you to purchase running shoes for your runner(s). Please check your child’s current running shoes for wear. Expect to pay at least $50 for a good shoe that will last for the fall and spring series if worn just for running. Buy them a little large, not tight. We have three running stores sponsoring our program and providing a discount for Landshark runners: Colorado Running Company
Please use satellite view and zoom in for best usage.
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.