Mary Wilson and Mandy Souder
TCA East Shirt Color is NAVY BLUE
Download the SportsEngine mobile app (found in the Apple Store or Google Play) to receive text updates, view the schedule and locations of events. Once installed, sign-in to your account, search for "TCA East", STAR it, configure notification settings on the "Account" tab and you're all set!
Thursday, April 15th
Due to COVID restrictions, practices will be held at Pikes Peak Community College.
Please drop off your runner in front of TCA East. Coaches will walk runners over to the PPCC campus.
Please have runners wear their uniform to practices.
No changing clothes is allowed this season.
Thank you for your understanding of this requirement.
Tuesdays and Thursdays
7:15 - 8:00 am
Meets are scheduled at Chinook Middle School at 1:00 pm
on the following Sunday afternoons:
Makeup Meet Friday, May 7th at 6:15 pm
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
Protocols and procedures to keep Runners, Leaders and Families
safe during COVID-19: UPDATED APRIL 21, 2021
● Each club/team will be broken into small groups (less than 25) to comply with the current COVID restrictions. Runners will remain with the same kids and the same leader/coach for the season.
●Backpacks/snacks, and water bottles/hydration packs must be completely separated from others. Each runner should carry his/her own backpack with them to include a snack and water bottle that the runner is able to open independently.
● Runners, at practice will follow their school's masking policy. For questions on your school specific masking policy on school grounds please refer to your coach or call us at 719-623-5314. Runners, at the meets will not be required to mask up while physically running/racing, however, runners will be asked to mask up during instruction/staging.
● If your runner(s) is feeling sick or has been asked to quarantine, PLEASE stay home.
● Coaches/Club Leaders will self screen for symptoms and close-contact exposures before attending each practice. As with runners, coaches/club leaders will stay home if they feel sick or have been asked to quarantine. If necessary, families will be contacted should practice have to be cancelled and/or rescheduled. Please note: this will be based on a case by case basis during the season.
● Landsharks coaches will send home any staff member or runner exhibiting symptoms consistent with COVID-19, or other communicable illnesses, and testing will be recommended. Appropriate isolation and exclusions requirements will be implemented immediately for any coach/club leader or runner. Should exposure occur, Landsharks will provide frequent communication with all families of enrolled runners impacted by COVID-19 at the school program/running club, the club’s responses, and all issues in accordance to the public health order.
● Landsharks Coaches/Leaders, will do their best to remain with the same group of runners and maintain physical distancing of at least 6 feet, whenever possible.
● If a runner is symptomatic at club, he/she will be isolated immediately. Guardian/parent will be called immediately and child will be sent home with guidelines on how to be tested, as well as follow up care.
**Please note: Additional COVID-19 protocols and procedures may be required and may vary from each participating school program.
For additional guidance on COVID 19, please refer to the websites below:
COVID 19 Symptom Screening: https://covid19.colorado.gov/symptom-screening
COVID 19 Symptoms: https://covid19.colorado.gov/covid19symptoms
COVID 19 Isolation: https://covid19.colorado.gov/how-to-isolate
COVID 19 Testing: https://covid19.colorado.gov/covid-19-in-colorado/about-covid-19/testing-for-covid-19