TCA East Shirt Color is NAVY BLUE
Download the SportsEngine mobile app (found in the Apple Store or Google Play) to receive text updates, view the schedule and locations of events. Once installed, sign-in to your account, search for "TCA East", STAR it, configure notification settings on the "Account" tab and you're all set!
We will start the season on September 1, 2022
Runners in grades 2-6 may wear athletic clothing to practice and then can change before class.
Runners in grade K-1, please consider sending your students in their uniforms.
Meets will be held at Challenger Middle School on Sunday afternoons at 3:00 pm on:
Runners will meet team at the track.
RUNNERS SHOULD ARRIVE BY2:30 P.M.
Our schedule of events
2:30 Runners and Coaches Arrive
2:35 Coaches Meeting
2:40 Parent Volunteers meet the Site Director for course assignments
2:55 Star Spangled Banner
3:00 Races Begin
Kindergarten - 2nd Grade: 1/2 mile
2nd - 6th Grade: 1 mile OR 1.5 mile
***Heat order will be run at discretion of the Site Director***
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.