I am excited to get going with our Track session this Spring!! A little about me. I have worked at Mountainside Elementary since 2012. I was the kitchen manager until 2016 and since then I have worked in the in the Affective needs classroom as a Para-educator.
I have four children. Natalie is a senior in high school, Joseph is a sophomore in high school, Dakota is a 6th grader and Gabriel is a 5th grader. I also have 1 cat, 1 dog and 7 Cockatiel's.
I am super excited to get this fall season rolling!
Mountainside Cougars Pride
Cross Country Finish Line 2018
Track season 2019!
Please make sure each runner has a water bottle,
a change of clothes and a snack for each practice.
Before each practice runners will have the opportunity to fill water bottles and change clothes .
Practices will be:
*Bus transportation will be available for daycare attendees*
Monday April 8th
Landsharks parents can use the SportsEngine mobile application to receive text updates, view the schedule and locations of events. The SportsEngine app can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Once installed, the easiest way to find Mountainside Elementary is to search for the
Team ID: 1869528
All meets will be at
Mesa Ridge High School
6070 Mesa Ridge Pkwy, Colorado Springs, CO 80911
Starting promptly at 6pm
Runners are to arrive by 5:40 to warm up and check in
A water bottle
a lets have fun attitude!
Monday April 29th ~ All Runner’s will race the 50m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 800m run.
Monday May 6th ~ All Runner’s will race the 100m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 800m run.
Monday May 13th ~ All Runner’s will race the 200m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 1600m run.
In the case of inclement weather we will meet in the foyer to gather everyone and then head to classroom 113.
In classroom 113 we will work on muscle strengthening by utilizing videos on GoNoodle and youtube.
Inclement weather on meet days:
Ms. Rikki will contact you by 4pm the day of the meet if there has been a cancellation
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 10-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 10-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 30 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 30-minute count, reset the clock and another 30-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.
Please park in designated areas only.