The Registration "Mountainside Elementary " is not currently available.
Landsharks parents can use the SportsEngine mobile application to receive text updates, view the schedule and locations of events. The SportsEngine app can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Once installed, the easiest way to find Mountainside Elementary is to search for the
Team ID: 1869528
First practice will be held on 3/30/2020
Parent meeting will be held on April 6, 2020 on the blacktop behind the school at 3:20pm
Mondays/Thursdays/Fridays at the school
Practice days include 3/30, 4/02, 4/03, 4/06, 4/09, 4/10, 4/13, 4/16, 4/17, 4/20, 4/23, 4/27, 4/ 30 5/01
If weather is bad, practice will be held indoors unless school is released. In the event that practice is cancelled I will inform everyone.
Please make sure each runner has a water bottle,
a change of clothes and a snack for each practice.
Before each practice runners will have the opportunity to fill water bottles and change clothes .
Meets will be held at Mesa Ridge High School on
Sunday, April 19th
Sunday, April 26th
Sunday, May 3rd
RUNNERS SHOULD ARRIVE BY
Our schedule of events
Runners and Coaches Arrive
Parent Volunteers meet the Site Director on the infield for course assignments
Star Spangled Banner
Race #1: All Runner’s will race the 50m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 800m run.
Race #2: All Runner’s will race the 100m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 800m run.
Race #3: All Runner’s will race the 200m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 1600m run.
****Event order may vary based on location****
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.