Landsharks parents can use the SportsEngine mobile application to receive text updates, view the schedule and locations of events. The SportsEngine app can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Once installed, the easiest way to find Mountainside Elementary
Practice schedule for Mountainside: Every Tuesday, Thursday, and make-up Friday practices, weather permitted or no school. T- 4/12/22; Th- 4/14/22 T- 4/19/22; Th- 4/21/22 T- 4/26/22; Th- 4/28/22 T- 5/3/22; Th- 5/5/22 ***There will not be any after school activity bus at this time. So runners need to be picked up (by parent or approved adult) or be able to walk home.***
2:30-2:45pm get dressed and fill water bottle.
2:45-3:00pm meet at the large field and eat snack.
If weather is bad, practice will be held indoors unless school is released. In the event that practice is cancelled I will inform everyone.
Please make sure each runner has a water bottle,
a change of clothes and a snack for each practice.
Before each practice runners will have the opportunity to fill water bottles and change clothes .
Meets are scheduled at 1:30 pm at
Mesa Ridge High School on:
1:00 pm - Runners and Coaches Arrive
1:05 pm - Coaches Meeting
1:15 pm - Parent Volunteers meet the Site Director on the infield for course assignments
1:25 pm - Star Spangled Banner
1:30 pm - Races Begin
Meet #1: 50m dash followed by 400m OR 800m
Meet #2: 100m dash followed by 400m OR 800m
Meet #3: 800m OR 1600m followed by 200m dash
***Heat order will be run at discretion of the Site Director***
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.