Please have your child wear appropriate shoes, dress in layers in case it gets warmer or colder during practice, bring a snack to eat between school getting out and practice starting and bring water to drink during breaks.
Registration opens Sunday, February 23, 2020
1st Practice Monday, March 30, 2020, at Sweetwater Park
Landsharks parents can use the SportsEngine mobile application to receive text updates, view the schedule and locations of events. The SportsEngine app can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Once installed, search for the Ascent Classical Academy team.
Monday, March 30th at Sweetwater Park
We will meet for practice near the playground at Sweetwater Park. Please check you runner in with coaches prior to practice and check your runner out with coaches before leaving the park.
Monday, March 30th from 4:15-4:30 pm
Mondays and Thursdays at Sweetwater Park
NO PRACTICE on MONDAY, APRIL 13TH and
ON MONDAYS AFTER SUNDAY MEETS
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.