Practice will begin with a roll call and a brief team meeting/lesson. Then a slow warm up lap of the field, stretching and strength exercises. After warm ups there will be games and exercises based on the upcoming events. Often we use the Columbine Nature Trail and sidewalks around the school for longer runs and the field for sprinting exercises. All team members must have a parent sign them out after practice (except those that have pre arranged to walk home)
Meet on the Blocktop on the South side of the school.
Meets are requested at Woodland Park Middle School on
Mondays at 5:15 pm on:
FINAL APPROVAL PENDING
RUNNERS SHOULD ARRIVE BY 4:45 p.m.
Our schedule of events
4:45 Runners and Coaches Arrive-
4:50 Coaches Meeting
4:55 Parent Volunteers meet the Site Director for course assignments
5:10 Star Spangled Banner
5:15 Races Begin
Meet #1: 50m dash followed by 400m OR 800m
Meet #2: 100m dash followed by 400m OR 800m
Meet #3: 800m OR 1600m followed by 200m dash
***Heat order will be run at discretion of the Site Director***
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.