Teammates love cheering each other on!
Welcome to our Fall 2021 Cross Country Series
Our fun run program is focused on self-improvement through accomplishing each runner’s personal goals. We offer a non-competitive youth program to introduce running to young athletes in a safe and fun environment. The focus is on self-improvement, being an encouraging teammate, and making new friends.
Everyone is a winner at CSCS!
Running Equipment and Attire: Runners need to dress according to the weather. We encourage them to change out of their school attire into running clothes. We will train on the areas around the school, and indoors if the weather is wet or stormy. The races are run on dirt tracks, NOT asphalt! We encourage you to purchase cross-country running shoes for your child. Please check your child’s current running shoes for wear. Shoes without padding and tread may be great for a gym, but not for outdoor running! We have three running stores sponsoring our program and providing a 15% discount for Landshark runners. They are Colorado Running Company and The Runner’s Roost.
Meets are tentatively scheduled at Summit Elementary.
Races will be held on Mondays at 5:15 pm on
RUNNERS SHOULD ARRIVE BY 4:45 p.m.
Our schedule of events
4:45 Runners and Coaches Arrive-
4:50 Coaches Meeting
4:55 Parent Volunteers meet the Site Director for course assignments
5:10 Star Spangled Banner
5:15 Races Begin
Kindergarten - 1st Grade - 1/2 mile
2nd - 6th Grade - 1 mile OR 1.5 mile
***Heats will be determined by Site Director on race day***
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.