The Registration "Lone Tree Elementary" is not currently available.
Jennifer (Jen) Schilter
Hello and welcome to another season of LandSharks Track and Field! My name is Jen Schilter, and I am fortunate enough to be the head coach. I have been volunteering with Lone Tree Elementary LandSharks for 4 years and I am so excited to be working with the kids of LTE! I have two children who will also be participating - Jacob (3rd grade) and Aubree (1st grade). A little about myself - I started running alongside my dad when I was a child, and haven’t stopped. I ran competitively in High School and College and continue to run road races, half marathons and relay races when life allows. My kids are both active in other sports as well as other extracurricular activities. Life is busy, but Jacob & Aubree always ask to do Landsharks. Why is this you ask? Landsharks is a non-competitive youth program that introduces running to your kids in a safe and fun environment. We focus on setting individualized goals, making friends, encouraging teammates, and ultimately having fun! I can’t wait to meet your kids and look forward to a fun and exciting Spring Season!
I am so excited to be coaching Lone Tree Elementary's Landsharks Spring Track program! I have a 5th grader running with Landsharks and one running in middle school. I ran competitively in high school and college, When I signed my kids up for Landsharks the first time it is was to give them a group sport that was also individual enough for them to make it their own - and I never wanted them to think that they couldn't be runners. My kids participate in other sports but I know that running can improve performance across all sports. Running lets each person make what they want out of it. I can't wait to see how each kid makes it their own! It is going to be a great Spring season!
The Lone Tree Elementary chapter of the Landsharks Running Club is open to K-6 students of LTE and all other local schools that do not have their own Landsharks program.
Registration Reduction Applications (for those who financially qualify) are available online ONLY to increase accessibility to all families from February 23rd through March 4th. No late applications will be accepted.
Lone Tree Elementary Landsharks
The Landsharks Running Club develops young athletes in positive, safe, character-based programs.
The focus is on having fun, improving personal skills, being an encouraging teammate, making new friends, and promoting a healthy lifestyle.
Landsharks parents can use the SportsEngine mobile application to receive text updates, view the schedule and locations of events. The SportsEngine app can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Once installed, search for Lone Tree Elementary.
Monday, March 30th
Mondays and Wednesdays
No Monday practices on meet weeks
Practices are in the field next to Lone Tree Elementary
Kids meet at the picnic shelter
Monday, March 30th at 3:50 pm at the picnic shelter.
3:15 pm - 4:00 pm
Dress for Success: Runners need to dress according to the weather. We encourage them to change out of their school attire into running clothes before practice begins.
55 degrees and warmer - Running shoes, t-shirt, shorts, and optional running hat.
45-54 degrees - Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, shorts or sweat pants.
44 degrees and cooler - Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, sweat pants, running hat/head band and gloves. If it is windy, dress one cooler level down.
Running shoes: We will train on the areas around the school. We encourage you to purchase running shoes for your runner(s). Please check your child’s current running shoes for wear. Expect to pay at least $50 for a good shoe that will last for the fall and spring series if worn just for running. Buy them a little large, not tight. We have two running stores sponsoring our program and providing a discount for Landshark runners: Colorado Running Company in Colorado Springs and the Runner’s Roost in Lone Tree.
Meets are tentatively scheduled at Rock Canyon High School on Mondays at 5:45 pm on:
RUNNERS SHOULD ARRIVE BY 5:00 P.M.
Our schedule of events
5:15 Runners and Coaches Arrive-
5:20 Coaches Meeting
5:35 Parent Volunteers meet the Site Director on the infield for course assignments
5:40 Star Spangled Banner
5:45 Races Begin
Race #1: All Runner’s will race the 50m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 800m run.
Race #2: All Runner’s will race the 100m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 800m run.
Race #3: All Runner’s will race the 200m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 1600m run.
****Event order may vary based on location****
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
Thanks for your support and cheering for all our runners!
Parent Guidelines: In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.
1. Please park in designated areas only.
2. Upon arrival, please locate your runner(s) school coach to receive race bib and then parents must proceed to designated spectator viewing area. The only adults allowed on in the infield are coaches and/or volunteers with a Landsharks' T-shirt.
3. Exchange runners should check-in with the Site Director, who is in the Tie-dye or Bright yellow T-shirt. Your runner will receive their bib at that time. All runners are required to have a bib prior to racing. Bibs should be pinned on the back of the runners' shirt for ease of removal in the finish chute.
4. Each race night all runners can run two races. A sprint followed by a mid-distance race.
5. No parents or non-competing runners are allowed on the track with the runners.
6. Following your runner's race, your child will find you in the designated parent viewing area. You are free to stay and watch the remainder of the races or depart if so desired.
7. Have fun and cheer for all runners because, “Finishing is Winning!”
Cross Country Meet at Redstone Park