Ruth Reeve firstname.lastname@example.org
Please meet outside of the 4th grade by the blue doors on the intermediate playground
PARENTS, WE NEED YOU! Please consider volunteering for our coaching staff or support crew. No experience is required, just lots of encouragement! With numerous runners expected to participate, every volunteer makes a major difference in our program. They will need parent volunteers at the races, too. Thanks for letting us have the privilege of serving your child!
DRESS FOR SUCCESS: Runners need to dress according to the weather. We encourage them to change out of their school attire into running clothes.
55 degrees and warmer- Running shoes, t-shirt, shorts, and optional running hat.
45-54 degrees- Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, shorts or sweat pants.
44 degrees and cooler- Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, sweat pants, running hat/headband and gloves. If it is windy, dress one cooler level down.
RUNNING SHOES: We will train on the areas around the school. The races are held at local parks or other facilities with large grass fields and dirt trails. We encourage you to purchase running shoes for your runners. Please check your child's current running shoes for wear. We have a local running store, Colorado Running Company, sponsoring our program and providing a 15% discount for Landshark runners!
Meets will be held at Janitell Middle School
Meets will be on at on:
Sunday, September 22nd at 3 pm
Sunday, September 29th at 3 pm
Sunday, October 6th at 3 pm
RUNNERS SHOULD ARRIVE BY
Our schedule of events
Runners and Coaches Arrive
Parent Volunteers meet the Site Director on the infield for course assignments
Star Spangled Banner
1/2 mile, kindergarten & 1st grade
1 mile, 2nd-6th grade
1.5 miles, 2nd-6th grade
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 10-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
Thanks for your support and cheering for all our runners!
Parent Guidelines: In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidleines for our races. These guidelines are in plce to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.
1. Please park in the designated area.
2. Upon arrival, please locate your runner(s) school coach to receive their race bib and then parents must proceed to designated spectator viewing area. The only adults allowed on the infield are coaches and/or volunteers with a Landsharks' T-shirt.
3. Exchange runners should check-in with the Site Director, who is in the Tie-dye or Bright yellow T-shirt. Your runner will receive their bib at that time. All runners are required to have a bib prior to racing. Bibs should be pinned on the back of the runner's shirt for ease of removal in the finish chute.
4. See Race Schedule
5. No parents or non-competing runners are allowed on the in field with the runners. Please remain on the hill in the parent viewing area for the safety of the kids and the efficiency of race day schedule.
6. Following your runner's race your child will find you in the designated parent viewing area. You are free to stay and watch the remainder of the races or depart if so desired.
7. Have fun and cheer for all runners because, "Finishing is Winning!"