Ruth Reeve email@example.com
Shawanda Egerdahl firstname.lastname@example.org
Crystal Cole email@example.com
February 24, 2019 - Registration opens
February 24, 2019 - Financial Aid opens
March 24, 2019 - Financial Aid closes
Our first practice will be on Tuesday, April 16! We can't wait to get started!
We will meet for practices on Tuesdays and Thursdays outside of the 4th-grade doors near the intermediate playground.
Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30 until 4:15
*You must email Ms. Reeve if your child will not be at practice*
Meets will be held on Mondays at 6:00 pm at Mesa Ridge High School on:
Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the meet to ensure that your runner has time to stretch and receive their race bibs.
Race #1: All Runner’s will race the 50m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 800m run.
Race #2: All Runner’s will race the 100m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 800m run.
Race #3: All Runner’s will race the 200m run, followed by their choice of a 400m OR an 1600m run.
PARENTS, WE NEED YOU! Please consider volunteering for our coaching staff or support crew. No experience is required, just lots of encouragement! With numerous runners expected to participate, every volunteer makes a major difference in our program. They will need parent volunteers at the races, too. Thanks for letting us have the privilege of serving your child!
DRESS FOR SUCCESS: Runners need to dress according to the weather. We encourage them to change out of their school attire into running clothes.
55 degrees and warmer- Running shoes, t-shirt, shorts, and optional running hat.
45-54 degrees- Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, shorts or sweat pants.
44 degrees and cooler- Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, sweat pants, running hat/headband and gloves. If it is windy, dress one cooler level down.
RUNNING SHOES: We will train on the areas around the school. The races are held at local parks or other facilities with large grass fields and dirt trails. We encourage you to purchase running shoes for your runners. Please check your child's current running shoes for wear. We have a local running store, Colorado Running Company, sponsoring our program and providing a 15% discount for Landshark runners!
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.
Please park in designated areas only.
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 10-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 10-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 30 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 30-minute count, reset the clock and another 30-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.