Mondays/Wednesdays beginning September 7th, 2022
DRESS FOR SUCCESS: Runners need to dress according to the weather. We encourage them to change out of their school attire into running clothes.
55 degrees and warmer- Running shoes, t-shirt, shorts, and optional running hat.
45-54 degrees- Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, shorts or sweat pants.
44 degrees and cooler- Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, sweat pants, running hat/headband and gloves. If it is windy, dress one cooler level down.
RUNNING SHOES: We will train on the areas around the school. The races are held at local parks or other facilities with large grass fields and dirt trails. We encourage you to purchase running shoes for your runners. Please check your child's current running shoes for wear. We have a local running store, Colorado Running Company, sponsoring our program and providing a 15% discount for Landshark runners!
PARENTS, WE NEED YOU! Please consider volunteering for our coaching staff or support crew. No experience is required, just lots of encouragement! With numerous runners expected to participate, every volunteer makes a major difference in our program. They will need parent volunteers at the races, too. Thanks for letting us have the privilege of serving your child!
Meets are scheduled at 3:00 pm at
Mesa Ridge High School on:
Sunday, September 18th
Sunday, September 25th
Sunday, October 2nd
Runners and Coaches Arrive
Parent Volunteers meet the Site Director on the infield for course assignments
Star Spangled Banner
Kindergarten - 2nd Grade: 1/2 mile
2nd - 6th Grade: 1 mile OR 1.5 mile
***Heat order will be run at discretion of the Site Director***
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.