Tuesday, August 30th
Practices: are scheduled Tuesdays and Fridays 7:10-7:55AM. Our first practice will be Tuesday August 30th, 2022 and we will begin with a parent meeting from 7:10-7:20AM. Please meet on the turf field at Legacy Peak. Practices consist of running games and workouts with a strong focus on fun. Our last practice will be Tuesday, October 4th.
Practice Dates: 8/30, 9/2, 9/9, 9/13, 9/16, 9/20, 9/23, 9/27, 9/30, 10/4 (There will be no practice on Tuesday 9/6 due to student day off)
Meets take place at Falcon Stadium on the Air Force Academy.
Races will be held on Monday evenings at 5:30 pm on:
Our schedule of events
Runners and Coaches Arrive
Parent Volunteers meet the Site Director for course assignments
Star Spangled Banner
Kindergarten - 2nd Grade: 1/2 mile
2nd - 6th Grade: 1 mile OR 1.5 mile
***Heat order will be run at discretion of the Site Director***
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.