REGISTRATION FOR THE SPRING TRACK SEASON HAS REACHED CAPACITY.
WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE AND HOPE YOU WILL JOIN US FOR THE 2022 FALL CROSS COUNTRY SEASON.
April 11, 2022
Mondays and Fridays
2:30 - 3:30 pm
Meet at the field behind the school
Races will be at
DOHERTY HIGH SCHOOL
on the following Sunday afternoons at 2:00 pm:
Schedule of events:
Runners and Coaches Arrive
Parent Volunteers meet the Site Director on the infield for course assignments
Star Spangled Banner
Meet #1: 50m dash followed by 400m or 800m
Meet #2: 100m dash followed by 400m or 800m
Meet #3: 400m or 1600m followed by 200m dash
****Heat order will be at the discretion of the Site Director****
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.