September 7, 2022
3:15 - 4:00 pm
Meet at the soccer field changed and with water bottles filled. Students will not be allowed back in the building during practice!
Younger students (K-3) will be picked up by a coach at their normal outside dismissal areas and taken to the bathroom and drinking fountain before being taken outside.
Please have your student dress appropriately for practice. (i.e. running shoes and exercise clothes according to outside weather predictions)
55 degrees and warmer: Running shoes, t-shirt, shorts and optional running hat.
45 - 54 degrees: Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, shorts or sweat pants.
44 - 25 degrees: Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, sweat pants, running hat/ headband and gloves.
Students should always come with a water bottle labeled with their name. It is their responsibility to make sure they have it at the end of each practice.
Students will be allowed to bring a quick snack to eat at the start of each practice while attendance is being taken.
Meets are scheduled at 3:00 pm at
Mesa Ridge High School on:
Sunday, September 18th
Sunday, September 25th
Sunday, October 2nd
Runners and Coaches Arrive
Parent Volunteers meet the Site Director on the infield for course assignments
Star Spangled Banner
Kindergarten - 2nd Grade: 1/2 mile
2nd - 6th Grade: 1 mile OR 1.5 mile
***Heat order will be run at discretion of the Site Director***
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.