Coaches: Amy Christensen & Christine Catalano
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Tuesdays and Thursdays, 3:10p - 4:15p
Students will meet behind the school on the blacktop.
Please be sure your child arrives with water, a snack, and running shoes.
Our first practice will be September 6, 2022 directly after school.
We will hold a short parent meeting at 4:00pm (practice will finish at 4:15pm).
Make sure your child brings a water bottle, small snack, and is wearing appropriate shoes for running.
Meets will be at Trailblazer Elementary on Sunday afternoons at 1:00 pm on:
12:30 pm - Runners and Coaches Arrive
12:40 pm - Coaches Meeting
12:45 pm - Parent Volunteers meet the Site Director on the infield for course assignments
12:55 pm - Star Spangled Banner
1:00 pm - Races Begin
Kindergarten - 2nd grade - 1/2 mile
2nd-6th grade - 1 mile OR 1.5 mile
***Heat order will be run at discretion of the Site Director***
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.