What a wonderful X-Country season we had! I will be sending Spring Track Season info via email, but registration opens Feb 10, 2022. More info to come.
Your kids brought so much joy and energy to each practice and meet, thank you! Coach Mary
Mary and Zach Hammel
Water, Water, Water! Please remind your athletes to fill up before coming to find me after school!
Meets start NEXT week on Monday Sept 20th.
SPRING TRACK 2022
Registration and Financial aid opens February 10, 2022
Financial assistance closes March 25, 2022
Practices start the week of April 11, 2022
Registration closes April16, 2022
Meet week #1 April 24, 2022
Meet week #2 May 1, 2022
Meet week #3 May 8, 2022
Meets take place at Challenger Middle School and Mountain View Elementary Fields
Races will be held on Mondays at 5:30 pm on
RUNNERS SHOULD ARRIVE BY 5:00 P.M.
Our schedule of events
5:00 Runners and Coaches Arrive-
5:05 Coaches Meeting
5:20 Parent Volunteers meet the Site Director for course assignments
5:25 Star Spangled Banner
5:30 Races Begin
Kindergarten - 1st Grade - 1/2 mile
2nd - 6th Grade - 1 mile OR 1.5 mile
***Heats will be determined by Site Director on race day***
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.