Registrations for the Fall XC has reached capacity.
We hope you can join us for the 2024 Spring Track season.
Financial Assistance Applications will be available, for those who qualify, from January 2nd -January 30th.
2024 Spring Track registration opens February 1st at 9:00 a.m.
How to download the Sports Engine App
September 11, 2023
ending October 9, 2023
Please meet on the Gold Camp field
Practices are cancelled if the wind chill is under 30 degrees, and/or if it is physically snowing or raining.
Dress for Success: Runners need to dress according to the weather. We encourage them to change out
of their school attire into running clothes before practice begins.
55 degrees and warmer - Running shoes, t-shirt, shorts, and optional running hat.
45-54 degrees - Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, shorts or sweat pants.
44 degrees and cooler - Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, sweat pants, running hat/head band and gloves. If it is windy, dress one cooler level down.
Running shoes: We will train on the areas around the school. We encourage you to purchase running shoes for your runner(s). Please check your child’s current running shoes for wear. Expect to pay at least $50 for a good shoe that will last for the fall and spring series if worn just for running. Buy them a little large, not tight. We have three running stores sponsoring our program and providing a discount for Landshark runners: Colorado Running Company
Meets are scheduled at Bear Creek Regional Park on the following SATURDAY afternoons at 1:00 pm:
Schedule of events
Runners and Coaches Arrive
Parent Volunteers meet the Site Director for specific course assignments
Star Spangled Banner
K-1st/2nd: 1/2 mile
2nd-6th: 1 mile or 1.5 mile
***Heats will be decided by Site Director on meet day***
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended, and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within an 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within an 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site layout.
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.