Our shirt color is teal
Landsharks parents can use the SportsEngine mobile application to receive text updates, view the schedule and locations of events. The SportsEngine app can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Once installed, the easiest way to find Oak Creek Elementary.
September 12, 2023
Tuesday/Thursday thru October 10, 2023
Please meet at the cafe and then we will proceed to practice on the playground field
Meets are scheduled at Harrison High School on the following Sunday afternoons at 1:00 pm:
Schedule of events
Runners and Coaches Arrive
Parent Volunteers meet the Site Director for specific course assignments
Star Spangled Banner
Each meet night runners will run two races.
All runners will run the 50m dash,
followed by the 400m OR 800m race.
All runners will run the 100m dash,
followed by the 400m OR 800m race.
All runners will run the 200m dash,
followed by the 400m OR 1600m race.
***Heats will be decided by Site Director on meet day***
Dress for Success: Runners need to dress according to the weather. If it is raining or the wind chill is under 30 degrees we will be practicing in the gym. We encourage them to change out of their school attire into running clothes. Clothing guidelines:
55 degrees and warmer - Running shoes, t-shirt, shorts, and optional running hat.
45-54 degrees - Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, shorts or sweat pants.
44 degrees and cooler - Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, sweat pants, running hat/head band and gloves. If it is windy, dress one cooler level down.
Running shoes: We will train on the areas around the school. The races are held at local parks and other facilities with large grass fields and dirt trails. We encourage you to purchase running shoes for your runners. Please check your child’s current running shoes for wear. Expect to pay at least $50 for a good shoe that will last for the fall and spring series if worn just for running. Buy them a little large, not tight. Colorado Running Company is sponsoring our program and providing a 15% discount for Landshark runners.
Parents, we need you! Please consider volunteering for our coaching staff or support crew. No experience is required, just lots of encouragement. With numerous runners expected to participate, every volunteer makes a difference in our program. We will need volunteers at the races, too. Thanks for letting us have the privilege of serving your child.
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.