Registrations for the Fall XC has reached capacity.
We hope you can join us for the 2024 Spring Track season.
Financial Assistance Applications will be available, for those who qualify, from January 2nd -January 30th.
2024 Spring Track registration opens February 1st at 9:00 a.m.
Our shirt color is teal
How to download the Sports Engine App
September 12, 2023
Tuesday/Thursday thru October 7, 2023
Please meet at the cafe and then we will proceed to practice on the playground field
*Due to the school Fall Break schedule, we will hold our End of Year Celebration after the last Cross Country meet at Bear Creek Park. *
Meets are scheduled at Bear Creek Regional Park on the following SATURDAY afternoons at 1:00 pm:
Schedule of events
Runners and Coaches Arrive
Parent Volunteers meet the Site Director for specific course assignments
Star Spangled Banner
K-1st/2nd: 1/2 mile
2nd-6th: 1 mile or 1.5 mile
***Heats will be decided by Site Director on meet day***
Dress for Success: Runners need to dress according to the weather. If it is raining or the wind chill is under 30 degrees we will be practicing in the gym. We encourage them to change out of their school attire into running clothes. Clothing guidelines:
55 degrees and warmer - Running shoes, t-shirt, shorts, and optional running hat.
45-54 degrees - Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, shorts or sweat pants.
44 degrees and cooler - Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, sweat pants, running hat/head band and gloves. If it is windy, dress one cooler level down.
Running shoes: We will train on the areas around the school. The races are held at local parks and other facilities with large grass fields and dirt trails. We encourage you to purchase running shoes for your runners. Please check your child’s current running shoes for wear. Expect to pay at least $50 for a good shoe that will last for the fall and spring series if worn just for running. Buy them a little large, not tight. Colorado Running Company is sponsoring our program and providing a 15% discount for Landshark runners.
Parents, we need you! Please consider volunteering for our coaching staff or support crew. No experience is required, just lots of encouragement. With numerous runners expected to participate, every volunteer makes a difference in our program. We will need volunteers at the races, too. Thanks for letting us have the privilege of serving your child.
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended, and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within an 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within an 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site layout.
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.