ASSISTANT COACHES WANTED!
Please call 719-623-5314 for details
April 4, 2023
Tuesday/Thursday thru May 9, 2023
Meets are scheduled at Woodland Park Middle School at 6:00 pm on the following Monday evenings:
May 1st - Cancelled
Make up Meet - Wednesday, May 3rd at 6:30 pm
Schedule of events
Runners and Coaches Arrive
Parent Volunteers meet the Site Director for specific course assignments
Star Spangled Banner
Each meet night runners will run two races.
All runners will run the 50m dash,
followed by the 400m OR 800m race.
All runners will run the 100m dash,
followed by choice of a 400m OR 800m race.
All runners will run the 200m dash,
followed by the 400m OR 1600m race.
***Heats will be decided by Site Director on meet day***
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.