Registrations for the Fall XC has reached capacity.
We hope you can join us for the 2024 Spring Track season.
Financial Assistance Applications will be available, for those who qualify, from January 2nd -January 30th.
2024 Spring Track registration opens February 1st at 9:00 a.m.
ASSISTANT COACHES WANTED!
Please call 719-623-5314 for details
How to download the Sports Engine App
September 11, 2023
Monday/Wednesday thru Oct 09, 2023
Meets are scheduled at Shining Mountain Golf Course at 5:00 pm on the following Monday evenings:
Schedule of events
Runners and Coaches Arrive
Parent Volunteers meet the Site Director for specific course assignments
Star Spangled Banner
K-1st/2nd: 1/2 mile
2nd-6th: 1 mile or 1.5 mile
***Heats will be decided by Site Director on meet day***
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended, and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within an 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within an 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site layout.
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.