The Landsharks Running Club develops young athletes in positive, safe, character-based programs. The focus is on having fun, improving personal skills, being an encouraging teammate, making new friends, and promoting a healthy lifestyle.
All coaches are background checked and first aid certified.
The Meadow View Elementary and World Compass Academy chapter of the Landsharks Running Club is open to K-6 students and all other local schools that do not have their own Landsharks program. Landsharks Running Club is not sponsored by Meadow View Elementary or World Compass Academy as an official club/after school activity.
How to download the Sports Engine App
Runners will assemble at the picnic pavilion at the north end of the park, near the pool. During practice, we will warm-up, complete our workout and games, cool down, and be released to the same assembly area. Please pick up your runner by 5:00 pm. Please have your child bring a water bottle, labeled with his/her name on it, to every practice!
Practices are cancelled if the wind chill is under 30 degrees, and/or if it is actively snowing or raining. You will receive a notification via the SportsEngine app or text message if practice is cancelled.
Practices will be at
on Tuesdays and Fridays
from 4 - 5 p.m.
Tuesday, April 9th- Tuesday, May 7th
We encourage runners to change out of their school attire into running clothes before practice begins, if possible.
Dress for the weather:
55 degrees and warmer - Running shoes, t-shirt, shorts, and optional running hat.
45-54 degrees - Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, shorts or sweat pants.
44 degrees and cooler - Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, sweat pants, running hat/head band and gloves. If it is windy, dress one cooler level down.
Runners should have proper running shoes for practices and meets. Spikes (special racing shoes) are not recommended. Running shoes are sold at many stores; however, Runner's Roost in Lone Tree is our sponsor store and provides a discount to Landsharks participants, coaches and parents.
Meets are at Castle View High School
on Sundays at 1:00pm on:
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended, and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within an 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within an 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site layout.
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.
Schedule of events
Runners and Coaches Arrive
Parent Volunteers meet the Site Director for specific course assignments
Star Spangled Banner
Each meet night runners will run two races.
All runners will run the 50m dash,
followed by the 400m OR 800m race.
All runners will run the 100m dash,
followed by the 400m OR 800m race.
All runners will run the 200m dash,
followed by the 400m OR 1600m race.
***Heats will be decided by Site Director on meet day***
Peyton, Henry, and Lucy enjoy post-race Kona Ice