READ BEFORE REGISTERING!!!!
Be sure to log into your SportsEngine account to register!
Sign in button in upper right hand corner.
IF REGISTERING ON A PHONE, CLICK "SKIP" GOING TO THE APP.
Don't have a SportsEngine account? One will need to be created in order to register. Click on SIGN IN, complete the required information, verify your email and then log back into www.Landsharksrunningclub.com to register.
The Landsharks Running Club develops young athletes in positive, safe, character-based programs. The focus is on having fun, improving personal skills, being an encouraging teammate, making new friends, and promoting a healthy lifestyle.
All coaches are background checked and first aid certified.
The Meadow View Elementary and World Compass Academy chapter of the Landsharks Running Club is open to K-6 students and all other local schools that do not have their own Landsharks program. Landsharks Running Club is not sponsored by Meadow View Elementary or World Compass Academy as an official club/after school activity.
Landsharks parents can use the SportsEngine mobile application to receive text updates, view the schedule and locations of events. The SportsEngine app can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Once installed, search for Meadow View ES/World Compass Academy.
Runners will assemble at the picnic pavilion at the north end of the park, near the pool. During practice, we will warm-up, complete our workout and games, cool down, and be released to the same assembly area. Please pick up your runner by 5:00 pm. Please have your child bring a water bottle, labeled with his/her name on it, to every practice!
Practices are cancelled if the wind chill is under 30 degrees, and/or if it is actively snowing or raining. You will receive a notification via the SportsEngine app or text message if practice is cancelled.
Practices are tentatively scheduled to be at
Meadow View Elementary
on Tuesdays and Fridays
from 4 - 5 p.m.
Tuesday, September 12th - Tuesday, October 10th
We encourage runners to change out of their school attire into running clothes before practice begins, if possible.
Dress for the weather:
55 degrees and warmer - Running shoes, t-shirt, shorts, and optional running hat.
45-54 degrees - Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, shorts or sweat pants.
44 degrees and cooler - Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, sweat pants, running hat/head band and gloves. If it is windy, dress one cooler level down.
Runners should have proper running shoes for practices and meets. Spikes (special racing shoes) are not recommended. Running shoes are sold at many stores; however, Runner's Roost in Lone Tree is our sponsor store and provides a discount to Landsharks participants, coaches and parents.
Meets are at Castle Rock Middle School
on Sundays at 1:00pm on:
Schedule of events
Runners and Coaches Arrive
Parent Volunteers meet the Site Director for specific course assignments
Star Spangled Banner
Kindergarten - 1st grade - 1/2 mile
2nd - 6th grade - 1 mile OR 1.5 mile
***Heats will be decided by Site Director on meet day***
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.
Peyton, Henry, and Lucy enjoy post-race Kona Ice