Registrations for the Fall XC has reached capacity.
We hope you can join us for the 2024 Spring Track season.
Financial Assistance Applications will be available, for those who qualify, from January 2nd -January 30th.
2024 Spring Track registration opens February 1st at 9:00 a.m.
Head Coach: Erin Grell
Assistant Coach: Ann Barrett
Assistant Coach: Vicki McDermott
Assistant Coach: Kelli Schow
Assistant Coach: Scott Renker
If you are interested in coaching OR
volunteering at meets, please reach out to a coach!
How to download the Sports Engine App
Tuesday, September 12th
Tuesday, September 12
Friday, September 15--CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER!
Tuesday, September 19
Thursday, September 21 -MAKE UP!
*NO PRACTICE FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 22*
Tuesday, September 26
Friday, September 29
Tuesday, October 3
Friday, October 5
Tuesday, October 10 *EOY Celebration*
All students will sign out of practice
with a coach and walk directly
into the building at 1st bell
Students can bring a change of clothes
if they wish to change after practice
Runners will leave their backpacks by the basketball court fence. We will begin practice with some fun warm-ups, followed by a game or two in order to get the energy flowing. We then break runners into grade levels for individualized games, skills, and drills, and finish with a cool down before dismissing runners to their classes.
Please ensure your child has a labeled water bottle for each practice and comes with sunscreen already applied!
Practices are cancelled if the wind chill is under 30 degrees, and/or if it is physically snowing or raining. Please look for an email
Dress for Success: Runners need to dress according to the weather and in comfortable clothes.
55 degrees and warmer - Running shoes, t-shirt, shorts.
45-54 degrees - Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, shorts or sweat pants.
44 degrees and cooler - Running shoes, t-shirt, sweatshirt/windbreaker, sweat pants, consider head band and gloves. If it is windy, dress one cooler level down.
Running shoes: We encourage you to purchase quality running shoes for your runner(s). Please check your child’s current running shoes for wear. Buy them a little large, not tight.
Meets will be held on Monday evenings at Saddle Ranch Elementary at 6:00 pm on the following:
Schedule of events
Runners and Coaches Arrive
Parent Volunteers meet the Site Director for specific course assignments
Star Spangled Banner
K-1st/2nd: 1/2 mile
2nd-6th: 1 mile or 1.5 mile
***Heats will be decided by Site Director on meet day***
Landsharks Lightning Policy
1. We will monitor the weather via the Weather Bug App with Spark Function.
2. Activities shall be immediately suspended and all personnel directed to move to a safe area when the meter indicates lightning is within a 8-mile radius. Activities shall remain suspended until the device indicates there is no longer lightning within a 8-mile radius.
3. If the device fails or connectivity is poor, we will suspend activity when cloud-to-ground lightning is observed OR thunder is heard. We will quickly direct staff, participants and athletes to pre-determined shelter(s).
4. Once the practice/race has been suspended, we will wait at least 20 minutes after the last thunder or flash of lightning is witnessed, prior to resuming.
5. Any subsequent thunder or lightning, after the beginning of the 20-minute count, reset the clock and another 20-minute count should begin.
6. Please share the safety plan with others picking up your athlete.
7. Understand the evacuation process depending on the site lay out.
In order to create a safe environment for our Landshark runners and families, please adhere to the following guidelines for our races. These guidelines are in place to help keep our races organized and fun for the kids and parents.